Are you considering other cruise lines

are you considering switching cruise lines  

406 members have voted

1. 1. are you considering switching cruise lines

• yes, are considering other lines
    • have already made the switch
    • no, would never change
    • switched and came back to Carnival

Our next cruise is on Freedom of the Seas. We like sailing from Pt Canaveral and have limited our cruises to Carnival Dream and Freedom of the Seas for the last few years.

We decided our benefits on Royal Caribbean far outweigh the CCL benefits. We are Diamond Plus on RCCL and close to Milestone on CCL. Sometimes we book a suite, sometimes just a regular balcony. There is a huge difference between what is offered on the two lines.

Our next cruise on Freedom of the Seas is less for our balcony than the cost of Carnival Dream's balcony for the same week. We wish other lines sailed from Pt Canaveral as we would gladly go back to Celebrity or even NCL. I realize it is our fault for limiting the place from which we sail, so we may have to consider driving a little longer to get to Ft Lauderdale where we would have more choices.

We were always considering other cruise lines and will always consider other cruise lines .

This is not a comment on Carnival's current issues. We like Carnival. We also like RC and Celebrity and hope to like

as many other cruise lines as we choose to use.

Loyalty is for friends and family ,not cruise lines.

I too always consider other lines.

At this time we need to be able to drive to port and the only one that is within driving distance is New Orleans.

I go to a certain cruise booking site and look at all the cruises originating in New Orleans.

Since the other cruise lines only sail out of New Orleans part of the year it cuts down on our opportunity to sail other lines, but we always look.

And if, or when, Mobile gets a ship from whatever line we will be really interested in whatever line it may be.

I am loyal to my family and friends.

A business has to work to keep my business.

I too always consider other lines.

At this time we need to be able to drive to port and the only one that is within driving distance is New Orleans.

I go to a certain cruise booking site and look at all the cruises originating in New Orleans.

Since the other cruise lines only sail out of New Orleans part of the year it cuts down on our opportunity to sail other lines, but we always look.

And if, or when, Mobile gets a ship from whatever line we will be really interested in whatever line it may be.

I am loyal to my family and friends.

A business has to work to keep my business.

Do you know why Carnival pulled out of Mobile. We're from Alabama and the best cruise we ever had was on an older ship, The Holiday, out of Mobile

Carnival, COME BACK TO MOBILE!!!

Do you know why Carnival pulled out of Mobile. We're from Alabama and the best cruise we ever had was on an older ship, The Holiday, out of Mobile

I live near Mobile and would like to see another cruise line come to Mobile. I hope it's NOT Carnival. Chances are pretty slim, though. Mobile really doesn't need a cruise ship anymore, though, except for the issue of what to do with the empty terminal. Meanwhile, if you need a wedding chapel with spectacular river views, the Mobile terminal is the place. :)

I live near Mobile and would like to see another cruise line come to Mobile. I hope it's NOT Carnival. Chances are pretty slim, though. Mobile really doesn't need a cruise ship anymore, though, except for the issue of what to do with the empty terminal. Meanwhile, if you need a wedding chapel with spectacular river views, the Mobile terminal is the place. :)

Why do you say Mobile doesn't need another cruise ship? When Carnival was there it brought in a lot of money for the city. I don't care if it's Carnival, RCCL, whoever, I would just like a ship close to home. We fly out of Atlanta each cruise and it would be nice to be able to have a port closer to home.

We have cruised 20X, 18 with Carnival.. CCL has always fulfilled our vacation needs but we did book with Celebrity for our next one.. with the 123 go/tips package it isn't that much more expensive than CCL.. and we wanted to try something new..

We will book more CCL cruises BUT what we don't do anymore is suggest them to others.. we used to rave on CCL but I'm not as confident in their product as I once was.... the "word of mouth" advertising is just not there anymore.. and that is the best advertising any company can receive..

We are for sure looking at other lines. We love to gamble and carnival doesnt take care of gamblers.Other than that we love Carnival and cant seem to find these bargain prices that everyone seems to find on other lines

I guess we sail for whats important to us at the time. NCL looks really nice to us all the way around

Why do you say Mobile doesn't need another cruise ship? When Carnival was there it brought in a lot of money for the city. I don't care if it's Carnival, RCCL, whoever, I would just like a ship close to home. We fly out of Atlanta each cruise and it would be nice to be able to have a port closer to home.

Don't get me wrong. The city would LIKE another cruise ship to utilize the terminal that's already in place, but they don't really NEED a ship, like they did before. Since Carnival left, Airbus has come to Mobile with a final assembly plant for the A320neo and the loss of revenue from Carnival leaving seems like small potatoes now. In addition, Aldot is gearing up to build a new I-10 bridge across the river that will bypass the I-10 tunnels and that will essentially kill cruising from the existing terminal. It doesn't look good for cruising from Mobile in the long term.

Don't get me wrong. The city would LIKE another cruise ship to utilize the terminal that's already in place, but they don't really NEED a ship, like they did before. Since Carnival left, Airbus has come to Mobile with a final assembly plant for the A320neo and the loss of revenue from Carnival leaving seems like small potatoes now. In addition, Aldot is gearing up to build a new I-10 bridge across the river that will bypass the I-10 tunnels and that will essentially kill cruising from the existing terminal. It doesn't look good for cruising from Mobile in the long term.

$orry to hear that. I have family in Mobile, so it would be a two for one for me. There's always New Orleans, or a condo in Destin we love.

Not by choice we just booked a Med cruise on NCL. When Carnival cancelled all of there European cruise for 2014 we had no choice.

Similar situation here. We like to take Med cruise every other year and we can't depend on Carnival for them because...

2009-Carnival cancelled our October Freedom Med cruise and we scrambled to rebook on the same dates on the Dream.

2011-Yay! No problem booking and cruising on the Magic.

2013-Carnival cancelled our October Legend Med cruise with NO replacement so we decided to go on a land vacation to Costa Rica.

2014-Carnival hasn't scheduled any Med cruises but Celebrity has two very tempting "transatlantics" next fall.

They pulled out because of lack of demand. Judging by all the people boating of how cheap cruises were from that Port, it was pretty obvious that demand wasn't there.

They pulled out because of lack of demand. Judging by all the people boating of how cheap cruises were from that Port, it was pretty obvious that demand wasn't there.

You know no such thing, merely speculation. I know at the time people said it was because of the cost of oil which had risen dramatically. Carnival said in its release "Its not all about oil prices".

If it was about the demand, they moved it to a departure port where prices are even cheaper going to even less popular ports in the Bahamas that are very close to florida and take a lot less oil to reach.

No one knows what all the reasons were. Dont state your opinion as a fact, unless you know inside sources, which I doubt.

We love the value that Carnival offers but were considering trying a new cruise line to see what else is out there & try some of the newer bigger ships that offer more entertainment options. When they announced no Europe for 2014, that gave us the go ahead and we booked our first cruise on the NCL Epic to the Western Mediterranean for 2014. If we love what NCL offers, we will certainly cruise them more often! We plan on trying RCL in the future as well.

Because they weren't making money. Mobile is a drive to port. The airport doesn't have the lift capacity or convenient flights for anyone outside the south east to make it worthwhile.

They weren't filling the ship and the people weren't spending enough on board. Sad but true.

Take care,

Mike

They weren't filling the ship and the people weren't spending enough on board. Sad but true.

Take care,

Mike

People may not have been spending on board the ship, but by all accounts nearly every sailing was over 100% capacity based on double occupancy. They had no trouble filling the ship with cheapos, a Carnival staple.

Are you dissatisfied enough with past experiences, cutbacks, etc to consider switching to another cruise line? We are.

Wes, the truth is those of us who really love cruising are always open to other cruise lines. I will always have a special fondness for Carnival but I like variety. I noticed that some Carnival cruisers grow up and become Princess cruisers. Some of us need that special something that Carnival just can't deliver like Flowrider or Freestyle. I couldn't answer your poll because none of the answers fit. Most of us will always come back but have no doubt, we will stray again. Just ally cats I guess. ;):D

Archived