NCL..since you apparantly read these boards...

I don't look at the pictures. I only read the articles.

Honest.

LOL!

Since everyone is throwing out opinions of how dastardly this shrimp issues is, I think NCL should show a single shrimp on their adverts, with a tag line..."we serve some of these".

Keep it absolutely general in nature just to make sure there is no misunderstanding as to what they're serving. There appearks to be a lot of confusion for some.

If seeing 3 shrimp in a shrimp cocktail is going to sway you from booking Cagneys, then stick with the MDRs.

Don't look at your cabin after you've slept in it because it's not all neat as in the borchure. After all, NCL controls the way they portray their cabins.

who said sued? not me.

and from what I hear, many pax love Spinnakers and were upset when it was converted.

deck plans most certainly need updating. If you hadn't cruised I some time but loved Spinnakers and booked a particular ship because you saw it on the unbeknownst to you outdated deck plan, I am sure you would be angry.

So you really do think it's a conspiracy. You've jumped to the conclusion that it's intentional deception, rather than simple error.

I understand your point about the Spinnaker location, but I'd be much more upset if I'd shown up to check into my deck 12, SJ suite (twice since the upgrade) and found the Spinnaker lounge there instead. I don't believe anyone books the Dawn simply based on the location of the Spinnaker lounge. And, I don't believe anyone books Cagney's because they saw 6 shrimp in a picture.

I was agreeing with your suggestion that NCL update (or remove) their picture. I do not agree with your claim of deception. Clearly you see every post, that doesn't agree with you completely, as a flame. Just as you see an error on a web page as deceptive.

exactly and thank you

My point was not to agree with you. My original point was that NCL shows sunny skies and beautiful people in their brochures, which is not always how it is onboard. If you think the shrimp picture is a problem, then you must have the same feeling about their brochures. I actually think it is silly to complain about a picture of shrimp or sunny skies on a brochure. I guess, the way you feel, the next time I cruise and it is not sunny, I should complain about bait and switch.

So you really do think it's a conspiracy. You've jumped to the conclusion that it's intentional deception, rather than simple error.

I understand your point about the Spinnaker location, but I'd be much more upset if I'd shown up to check into my deck 12, SJ suite (twice since the upgrade) and found the Spinnaker lounge there instead. I don't believe anyone books the Dawn simply based on the location of the Spinnaker lounge. And, I don't believe anyone books Cagney's because they saw 6 shrimp in a picture.

I was agreeing with your suggestion that NCL update (or remove) their picture. I do not agree with your claim of deception. Clearly you see every post, that doesn't agree with you completely, as a flame. Just as you see an error on a web page as deceptive.

you are confusing conspiracy with full disclosure, correct advertising and good customer relations....

I see no conspiracy, I just see a lack of customer service and concern

My point was not to agree with you. My original point was that NCL shows sunny skies and beautiful people in their brochures, which is not always how it is onboard. If you think the shrimp picture is a problem, then you must have the same feeling about their brochures. I actually think it is silly to complain about a picture of shrimp or sunny skies on a brochure. I guess, the way you feel, the next time I cruise and it is not sunny, I should complain about bait and switch.

But by saying the pix are under NCL's control you are agreeing with me.

Since they are under NCL's control, I am saying they should be accurate and you agree they are under NCL's control, so don't you believe they should be accurate as well?

Or do you agree with false advertising?

again, it is not really all about the shrimp, is it? It is about enticing pax to prepay and then not delivering what the pax thought they were getting at prepayment.

Forget the shrimp, use cabin selection as an example.

If you pay to have a specific cabin, you are entitled to that cabin.

When you pay less for a guarantee, you take what you get.

an 8oz filet better be an 8oz filet

a pix of 3 shrimp..which is enticing me to prepay.. should have a disclaimer that it represents a double order..or just update the pix.

6 shrimp is false advertising unless it is noted as a double order and also noted that pax are certainly entitled to a double order at no cost.

since when has being against false advertising a crime?

you are confusing conspiracy with full disclosure, correct advertising and good customer relations....

All this over three more lousy shrimp shown than you get. I think you should make your next quest that they change their brochures to include more "average" people and show that there are not always sunny skies. Because, based on your example, that shows as much lack of customer service and concern as your shrimp does.

But by saying the pix are under NCL's control you are agreeing with me.

Since they are under NCL's control, I am saying they should be accurate and you agree they are under NCL's control, so don't you believe they should be accurate as well?

Or do you agree with false advertising?

again, it is not really all about the shrimp, is it? It is about enticing pax to prepay and then not delivering what the pax thought they were getting at prepayment.

Forget the shrimp, use cabin selection as an example.

If you pay to have a specific cabin, you are entitled to that cabin.

When you pay less for a guarantee, you take what you get.

an 8oz filet better be an 8oz filet

a pix of 3 shrimp..which is enticing me to prepay.. should have a disclaimer that it represents a double order..or just update the pix.

6 shrimp is false advertising unless it is noted as a double order and also noted that pax are certainly entitled to a double order at no cost.

since when has being against false advertising a crime?

I think you are making a big deal over nothing. I think there are bigger things to put one's efforts towards.

I look at NCL's brochure and I see sunny skies, is that what I should be entitled to on every cruise. Their brochure only shows slim pretty people, is that what I should be entitled to? Is all of this false advertising, because they might not be delivering this on every cruise and that is why I took the cruise and pre-paid for it? Based on your ideals, yes it is, so why are you not going after that?

You are only against false advertising when it comes to your shrimp, why not take on their brochures too? Why, because you are upset with the menu change and you want to make a big deal out of it. Like I said before, there are bigger issues out there than your 3 less shrimp. (which could have been overlooked by the IT department when the changes came about)

I know we all want it "our way" and "only our way", but this is the real world and companies make changes. NCL has made a decision to change the Cagney's menu; some feel it is better, some feel it is the same and some feel it is not as good. Your decision as a consumer is to go or not go and if you feel that NCL is purposely participating in false advertising, because they show 6 shrimp instead of 3, then don't cruise with them.

Just wondering, is the only reason you take a cruise is to have a six piece shrimp cocktail? If it is, just ask for three more and if it isn't enjoy all of the other great things about going on an cruise.

Edited by NLH Arizona

No, you said people are being "duped" by NCL (your words). "Duped" means "conned or decieved". Each of those terms require a conspiracy.

When I was booking my repo cruise on the Dawn last year, I was looking up the deck plans. If you 'Googled', you would see a link to the NCL site showing the old deck plan. If you looked down lower, you would see another NCL link, this time showing the new deck plan. I can understand them showing both during the period leading up to the changeover, but some people might not be aware. And they left the old plan on line well after the changeover was completed.

Instead, they should have only had one link online, with a choice of before or after the changeover date to click on, and then revised and eliminated the old plan when the date came...

When I was booking my repo cruise on the Dawn last year, I was looking up the deck plans. If you 'Googled', you would see a link to the NCL site showing the old deck plan. If you looked down lower, you would see another NCL link, this time showing the new deck plan. I can understand them showing both during the period leading up to the changeover, but some people might not be aware. And they left the old plan on line well after the changeover was completed.

Instead, they should have only had one link online, with a choice of before or after the changeover date to click on, and then revised and eliminated the old plan when the date came...

Google just linked you to an old page you can't get too from NCL.com. I can show you links to NCL pages from the 90s.

Here is 1997

http://web.archive.org/web/19971210150128/http://www.ncl.com/

Latest NCL news :D

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE ANNOUNCES

DETAILS OF MAJOR EXPANSION, RENAMING ITS FLEET

AND INNOVATIVE NEW ITINERARIES

MIAMI, Fla., May 16, 1997 -- Norwegian Cruise Line today announced plans for further expansion of the NCL fleet and itineraries with the 1998 lengthening of the sister ships M/S Dreamward and M/S Windward, which will be renamed M/S Norwegian Dream and M/S Norwegian Wind, and the fall 1997 addition of the Majesty Cruise Line vessels Royal Majesty and Crown Majesty.

In a related announcement, the 1,502-passenger M/S Seaward will be renamed M/S Norwegian Sea in October. NCL's classic flagship, the 2,302-passenger S/S Norway, will not be renamed.

The new developments come on the heels of the decision to deploy the 800- passenger refurbished M/S Norwegian Star in Houston for seven-day "Texarribean" cruises beginning May 25, 1997 and the 1,052-passenger M/S Norwegian Crown on 14-day South America cruises between Santiago, Chile and Buenos Aires, Argentina beginning January 3, 1998.

"We are taking dynamic strides to further improve our guests' vacation experience through new innovative itineraries, new ships, expanded ships with more amenities and features, and a bold plan that sets a cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line apart from all vacation options," said Hans Golteus, NCL's president and chief operating officer. "In so doing, we are reaffirming our long-range strategic plan to further improve our financial standing and firmly re-establish the spirit of leadership and innovation for which Norwegian Cruise Line is known."

Bruce Nierenberg, NCL's executive vice president, explained that the renaming of the fleet to include the prefix "Norwegian" further strengthens the value of the NCL brand. "In a sea of copy-cat cruise products, Norwegian Cruise Line is reinventing itself as a company that offers unique products suited to a variety of vacation tastes," he said. "The strength and recognition of the NCL brand name is an important element in a cruise purchase decision; it's only natural we apply this strong corporate identity and the value of Norwegian seamanship to out fleet."

Lengthening of Norwegian Dream and Norwegian Wind

The Dreamward and Windward, built in 1992 and 1993 respectively, will be stretched during the first half of 1998 in Bremerhaven, Germany at Lloyd Werft shipyard by inserting a 130-foot midsection into each vessel, increasing capacity by approximately 40 percent with the addition of 256 cabins (512 berths). The Dreamward's double occupancy capacity will increase from 1,242 to 1,754 passengers and the Windward's from 1,246 to 1758. Following the stretch, each ship will measure approximately 45,000 tons and 754 feet in length, an increase from the current 41,000 tons and 624 feet. After lengthening, the Dreamward will become the Norwegian Dream and the Windward will become the Norwegian Wind.

The stretching will add additional cabins consistent with the popular current design of existing cabins as well as 12 "Super Suites" which will be among the largest and most well-appointed afloat. An additional casual eatery will be added to each ship's existing three formal dining rooms, intimate Le Bistro restaurant and one casual Sports Bar and Grill. The lengthening provides extra space to create new gifts shops, lounges, a new spa and health club, library, card room, cigar/cordial club, new meeting facilities and improved children's facilities to cater to the fast-growing family vacation market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Edited by time2cruise1

Google just linked you to an old page you can't get too from NCL.com. I can show you links to NCL pages from the 90s.

Here is 1997

http://web.archive.org/web/19971210150128/http://www.ncl.com/

Latest NCL news :D

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE ANNOUNCES

DETAILS OF MAJOR EXPANSION, RENAMING ITS FLEET

AND INNOVATIVE NEW ITINERARIES

MIAMI, Fla., May 16, 1997 -- Norwegian Cruise Line today announced plans for further expansion of the NCL fleet and itineraries with the 1998 lengthening of the sister ships M/S Dreamward and M/S Windward, which will be renamed M/S Norwegian Dream and M/S Norwegian Wind, and the fall 1997 addition of the Majesty Cruise Line vessels Royal Majesty and Crown Majesty.

In a related announcement, the 1,502-passenger M/S Seaward will be renamed M/S Norwegian Sea in October. NCL's classic flagship, the 2,302-passenger S/S Norway, will not be renamed.

The new developments come on the heels of the decision to deploy the 800- passenger refurbished M/S Norwegian Star in Houston for seven-day "Texarribean" cruises beginning May 25, 1997 and the 1,052-passenger M/S Norwegian Crown on 14-day South America cruises between Santiago, Chile and Buenos Aires, Argentina beginning January 3, 1998.

"We are taking dynamic strides to further improve our guests' vacation experience through new innovative itineraries, new ships, expanded ships with more amenities and features, and a bold plan that sets a cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line apart from all vacation options," said Hans Golteus, NCL's president and chief operating officer. "In so doing, we are reaffirming our long-range strategic plan to further improve our financial standing and firmly re-establish the spirit of leadership and innovation for which Norwegian Cruise Line is known."

Bruce Nierenberg, NCL's executive vice president, explained that the renaming of the fleet to include the prefix "Norwegian" further strengthens the value of the NCL brand. "In a sea of copy-cat cruise products, Norwegian Cruise Line is reinventing itself as a company that offers unique products suited to a variety of vacation tastes," he said. "The strength and recognition of the NCL brand name is an important element in a cruise purchase decision; it's only natural we apply this strong corporate identity and the value of Norwegian seamanship to out fleet."

Lengthening of Norwegian Dream and Norwegian Wind

The Dreamward and Windward, built in 1992 and 1993 respectively, will be stretched during the first half of 1998 in Bremerhaven, Germany at Lloyd Werft shipyard by inserting a 130-foot midsection into each vessel, increasing capacity by approximately 40 percent with the addition of 256 cabins (512 berths). The Dreamward's double occupancy capacity will increase from 1,242 to 1,754 passengers and the Windward's from 1,246 to 1758. Following the stretch, each ship will measure approximately 45,000 tons and 754 feet in length, an increase from the current 41,000 tons and 624 feet. After lengthening, the Dreamward will become the Norwegian Dream and the Windward will become the Norwegian Wind.

The stretching will add additional cabins consistent with the popular current design of existing cabins as well as 12 "Super Suites" which will be among the largest and most well-appointed afloat. An additional casual eatery will be added to each ship's existing three formal dining rooms, intimate Le Bistro restaurant and one casual Sports Bar and Grill. The lengthening provides extra space to create new gifts shops, lounges, a new spa and health club, library, card room, cigar/cordial club, new meeting facilities and improved children's facilities to cater to the fast-growing family vacation market.

Okay, so then NCL has no control of what comes up in a search, then?

By the way, thanks for providing that link....I had a good time looking at the SS Norway deck plans prior to 2001...;):)

Okay, so then NCL has no control of what comes up in a search, then?

By the way, thanks for providing that link....I had a good time looking at the SS Norway deck plans prior to 2001...;):)

how did you get to see the Norway deck plans? Would love to see our 1986 suite!

The last few posts actually bring the op home. Ncl needs to control what is on the website to ensure accuracy. The shrimp was just being used as a token example except many of you just could not admit to that

Maybe this is all part of the "master plan".

By cutting down from six jumbo shrimp to three large shrimp, NCL will eventually make all of us look like the slim sleek bodied guests that show in their brochures.

They are looking into the future since all things that we find on the internet are taken for gospel, NCL is just one jump ahead of us !!!!;):D

We should really blame all of this on Al Gore since he invented the internet !!!

Edited by swedish weave

I may be wrong, and I'm sure I will be informed if I am, but I read somewhere that passengers were refused additional portions/entrees in the specialty restaurants unless they paid an additional charge. I haven't called to ask NCL but shocking if true.

I may be wrong, and I'm sure I will be informed if I am, but I read somewhere that passengers were refused additional portions/entrees in the specialty restaurants unless they paid an additional charge. I haven't called to ask NCL but shocking if true.

You are allowed one entree in the specialty restaurants. Additional entrees are additional cost.

They don't refuse to serve more to you. You just have to pay.

Edited by swedish weave

You are allowed one entree in the specialty restaurants. Additional entrees are additional cost.

Okay maybe it is me, but why would someone need more than one entree at dinner; do you eat that way at home. When you go to a land restaurant, do you get extra portions at no charge? They probably do this because of the gluttony of some. The portions (even if they are smaller than when I was onboard) at Cagney's, would be more than enough for a meal. A normal serving size for beef is three ounces and they give you much more than that. If you don't get enough food at Cagney's, then go to the buffet after dinner and eat more or pay the extra for another entree.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Okay maybe it is me, but why would someone need more than one entree at dinner; do you eat that way at home. When you go to a land restaurant, do you get extra portions at no charge? They probably do this because of the gluttony of some. The portions (even if they are smaller than when I was onboard) at Cagney's, would be more than enough for a meal. A normal serving size for beef is three ounces and they give you much more than that. If you don't get enough food at Cagney's, then go to the buffet after dinner and eat more or pay the extra for another entree.

It is the way some people think.

I have seen people hauling grocery carts of food from food banks until the people running the distribution started restricting what they could take.

They even have it on the new Cagney's menu onboard the Breakaway. Additional entree $10. This allows you to combine the lobster and shrimp with a steak for surf and turf.

And here we are....5 pages later....talking aboyt the the number of shrimp are in a picture. I'm included in that number.

This topic is sliiy, and I'm stupid for reading it/posting to it.

Edited by graphicguy

You are only against false advertising when it comes to your shrimp...

Almost chokes on popcorn laughing. :p

Please there's a much larger issue at stake. When Ben arrived at the terminal, he was shocked that Breakaway wasn't the same exact size as his 27 inch monitor. Now Ben doesn't fit properly down the way gianormous monster waterslide. Please petition for a Bendy-size Breakaway Mini in 2015!

P1010651m.jpg

P.S. Ben's in the camp that he'll miss a dish or two from the old menu, glad some are gone, and hopes there's an improvement in the beef quality in the new menu. After 10+ of cruises with NCL, he looks forward to finding new favorite dishes at Cagney's.

P.P.S. There's no proof that NCL's IT department changed their website due to a post made it. They could have just have easily heard the complaint through more direct channels or just eventually gotten around to it.

Edited by kylenyc

Almost chokes on popcorn laughing. :p

Please there's a much larger issue at stake. When Ben arrived at the terminal, he was shocked that Breakaway wasn't the same exact size as his 27 inch monitor. Now Ben doesn't fit properly down the way gianormous monster waterslide. Please petition for a Bendy-size Breakaway Mini in 2015!

P.S. Ben's in the camp that he'll miss a dish or two from the old menu, glad some are gone, and hopes there's an improvement in the beef quality in the new menu. After 10+ of cruises with NCL, he looks forward to finding new favorite dishes at Cagney's.

P.P.S. There's no proof that NCL's IT department changed their website due to a post made it. They could have just have easily heard the complaint through more direct channels or just eventually gotten around to it.

You are so correct, there are bigger issues than 3 additional shrimp, but it seems to be very important to the OP!

Edited by NLH Arizona

Just because it's a slow Saturday night............

Why wouldn't the shrimp share his treasure? Because he was a little shellfish.

A shrimp walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "I'm sorry, but we don't serve food here..."

My apologies. :D

Hilarious and deserves another LIKE!