Binoculars- Oasis

Random question...

Can you rent binoculars on board the Oasis? My binoculars are huge and I just don't have enough room for them in my carry-on sized bag. I may buy a small pair but I will be very limited on luggage space. Shoes will come before binoculars lol.

Random question...

Can you rent binoculars on board the Oasis? My binoculars are huge and I just don't have enough room for them in my carry-on sized bag. I may buy a small pair but I will be very limited on luggage space. Shoes will come before binoculars lol.

I've never seen binoculars for rent, however I thought someone posted that some suites came with binoculars.

There are 2 sets of stationary binoculars on one of the decks (14 maybe) on the front of the ship...right under the solarium. I know we walked to the front of the ship, port side, pressed a button and went outside. We were the only ones on the observation deck area, it was beautiful. Not quite the same as having your own, but cool nonetheless. :)

There are 2 sets of stationary binoculars on one of the decks (14 maybe) on the front of the ship...right under the solarium. I know we walked to the front of the ship, port side, pressed a button and went outside. We were the only ones on the observation deck area, it was beautiful. Not quite the same as having your own, but cool nonetheless. :)

Those are definitely cool. We used them to spy on the Carnival ship tailing us heh.

I do believe I have seen pics of these. It will not be the end of the world if I cant find any onboard, just thought it would be cool. Especially during port days.

I might go looking for an expensive travel sized binoculars

Go ahead and buy that small pair and leave the big ones at home. We brought a big pair once and they just weren't practical. We always travel with a small pair that we keep in DH's backpack. They are great for scoping out the horizon on sea days from the balcony :)

There are some excellent compact/semi-compact binoc's available. When it comes to smaller binoculars (or any optics for that matter), keep in mind you get what you pay for. Cheap binoculars, especially compacts, will give you a lot of grief and can be almost worthless compared to a good pair. In the 200-300 range I'd recomment Burris, Leupold or Pentax. I have a great pair of Burris Semi-compact Signature binoculars that I love and we never cruise without them. They can be had for around 200.00 online at Natchez. Have fun shopping!:)

There's the solution to the OP's dilemma - book a CL!;)

Wow I didn´t know you could book the CL. Is it your entirely for the cruise then, or do you have to open it up to the Concierge and other Suite guests in the morning and afternoon/evening hours for Drinks?;)

Wow I didn´t know you could book the CL. Is it your entirely for the cruise then, or do you have to open it up to the Concierge and other Suite guests in the morning and afternoon/evening hours for Drinks?;)

Guess I should have spelled out Crown Loft.:)

OH come on, I have a small pair that folds up the size of a pack of cigarettes leave a pair of slippers at home.

I have only looked for a pair in a few stores. I have not seen a pair this small. Do you happen to know the brand?

There are some excellent compact/semi-compact binoc's available. When it comes to smaller binoculars (or any optics for that matter), keep in mind you get what you pay for. Cheap binoculars, especially compacts, will give you a lot of grief and can be almost worthless compared to a good pair. In the 200-300 range I'd recomment Burris, Leupold or Pentax. I have a great pair of Burris Semi-compact Signature binoculars that I love and we never cruise without them. They can be had for around 200.00 online at Natchez. Have fun shopping!:)

Thanks for the lead : )

If you are not spending a lot of time behind the binoculars, I have found that a monocular is a great choice for quick looks and weights nothing and takes up little room. I bought a cheap monocular,$10 LOL, it works ok but I will get a better one soon. I did get a 10x and did not find it hard to hold steady.

Amazon is a good place to read reviews on them.

Brought a pair on Allure last year. Carried on. Borrowed them from a friend so didn't want to risk them getting damaged in checked baggage. Had a balcony on the 14th deck. They came in very handy. It's pretty far up.

If you are not spending a lot of time behind the binoculars, I have found that a monocular is a great choice for quick looks and weights nothing and takes up little room. I bought a cheap monocular,$10 LOL, it works ok but I will get a better one soon. I did get a 10x and did not find it hard to hold steady.

Ohhh.... I could pretend I was a pirate lol.

130962339_captianhook.jpg.4371ff9872cbd2e16016c6ea5d932198.jpg

Let's just hope they never come with a cabin category of WJ. ;)

Anyway, on Oasis it's the Concierge Club - which could cause even more confusion here on the CC board.

I have found that a monocular is a great choice for quick looks and weights nothing and takes up little room. I bought a cheap monocular,$10 LOL, it works ok but I will get a better one soon. I did get a 10x and did not find it hard to hold steady.

10.00 monocular? I'm sorry but compared to some quality binoculars, may as well look through an ink pen....................

10.00 monocular? I'm sorry but compared to some quality binoculars, may as well look through an ink pen....................

Not all of us can afford or want to afford expensive binoculars or monoculars. I think you really did not read my post very well. The cheap ones actually worked, not well, but as I said for a quick peek at something they are OK and if lost no big deal.

Not all of us can afford or want to afford expensive binoculars or monoculars. I think you really did not read my post very well. The cheap ones actually worked, not well, but as I said for a quick peek at something they are OK and if lost no big deal.

Can't argue, something is better than nothing.:)

That said, even a 40.00 pair of binoc's from WalMart would be a lot better than a monocular.

Archived