Transfers in San Juan

emmac25

Does anyone have recent experience of getting taxis at the airport in San Juan. Should we book a private transfer ahead of time or is there no problem getting a taxi?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have recent experience of getting taxis at the airport in San Juan. Should we book a private transfer ahead of time or is there no problem getting a taxi?

Thanks in advance!

No problem getting a taxi at SJU. There is a kiosk outside the baggage claim area. Tell them where you want to go, they write down the destination and price on a ticket, and you give the ticket to the taxi driver. They may charge an extra dollar per bag.

Cool. For someone usually very organized I hadn't even thought about this until my hubby brought it up last night, then cue panic. I figured it wouldn't be an issue but just wanted to check :) thanks!

Cool. For someone usually very organized I hadn't even thought about this until my hubby brought it up last night, then cue panic. I figured it wouldn't be an issue but just wanted to check :) thanks!

We also use a taxi to get back to the airport after the cruise. The cost is around $25, and it's worth it to us not to have to wait for a shared shuttle to fill up.

A taxi is easy to get. Make sure you ask the fee up front. SJU has set taxi fees by zone. However, we were with another couple and get into a taxi at the airport to take us to our hotel in Isla Verde. That is only one zone and less than 1mike from the airport. The driver charged us $25. I was going to press the issue--but, he was firm and not too pleasant. It was a lesson earned.

On the trip to the port [3 zones] we were only charged $20 + 4 for luggage.

Archived