Maitre d'Hotel all Princess ships

NeptuneSeas

Who is the Maitre D' onboard each Princess ship for June - Dec 2013? Perhaps you've sailed recently or have a pre-cruise email.

Info appreciated as we enjoy catching up with our favourites.....anywhere in the world! Thanks in advance for posting :confused:

Who is the Maitre D' onboard each Princess ship for June - Dec 2013? Perhaps you've sailed recently or have a pre-cruise email.

Info appreciated as we enjoy catching up with our favourites.....anywhere in the world! Thanks in advance for posting :confused:

After 50 or so cruises I still cannot understand why it would make a difference who the MaitreD' is.

I am allocated a suitable table or I get it changed.

I have decent waiters or I change the table

The food is what it is

There is no tableside food preparation any more, not on the ships I cruise on anyway.

I don't find the need to bribe or tip a MaitreD', indeed what would be the reason to do so?

I don't want anything more than every passenger may freely receive.

I don't need a pseudofriend who works on a ship, that's not why I cruise.

I cruise on massmarket lines, passengers hardly have names anymore, just cabinfodder to the management.

Maybe I am missing out on something here?

Hi There

While it is who it is,

it is nice for a maitre d to walk up to you call you by your name and recall

which ship it was that you last met on.

I keep track of some maitre d 's might never meet them again,

but I can still recall what cruise I met them on,

some I call friends and keep in contact with while not cruising,

after all some of us get international calls live to the TV show we are on from them:D

yours Shogun

After 50 or so cruises I still cannot understand why it would make a difference who the MaitreD' is.

Wow.. the OP merely asked a question... if you didn't have an answer why not just move on? This is the very reason people are afraid to ask questions on this board... for fear of getting blasted for asking.

Now I'm sure I'll catch it for saying that!!

Hi There

While it is who it is,

it is nice for a maitre d to walk up to you call you by your name and recall

which ship it was that you last met on.

I keep track of some maitre d 's might never meet them again,

but I can still recall what cruise I met them on,

some I call friends and keep in contact with while not cruising,

after all some of us get international calls live to the TV show we are on from them:D

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun, I think you have pinpointed it for me, as I never use their services, whatever they are, I never get to meet them so have no idea who they are.

And of course having never met me they never know my name so could not possibly remember it to greet me again.

I would expect them to remember celebrities and heavy tippers, after all thats what they are there for, to earn money, not because they like sea air.

Thanks for that, nice to hear from you again

Wow, what a cynical view of the service industry!

Perhaps it is a bit over the top, but a healthy dose of cynicism is warranted here. From the outside looking in, there are people who like to befriend the "important" people on the ship--some because they either genuinely enjoy the interaction with officer level crew members whom they are likely to encounter again; and others because they hope to curry favor; and perhaps some who do both. But from the inside looking out, the crew member might encounter 10 or more such people per cruise who want to make a new best friend, and they might make 30 sailings a year. That's 300 "new best friends" per officer per year. It is a stretch to think that these crew members value these friendships as much as we would like to think they do. Very few value passenger interaction over passenger compensation. We can suspend our disbelief and hope that we are an exception to the rule and have forged a meaningful friendship, (and maybe some passengers do). But don't expect to be in their wedding or be named a godfather to their next child.

Hi. In my precruise mail, it said mine's Rui Pereira. Seems from my research that he's a gd one to have! I'm sailing NB on 10jun on island. Hope it helps.

Yes, lets keep to topic instead of all this other banter. Cruise Critic is supposed to be here for those who who want questions answered and people who want advice...if you have nothing to add to a certain thread/topic than say nothing at all.

Sun Princess.....our fave Generoso Mazzone.

Does anyone know where Francisco Patricio is these days? Great maitre d who was on diamond last spring and summer. I am concerned with new retirement age for princess that he may have been "put out to sea"!! He has many years with princess and some great stories to tell about early years with princess. (Part of my enjoyment on a cruise is to talk to crew and get to know their life story, if they care to share it).

Hi. In my precruise mail, it said mine's Rui Pereira. Seems from my research that he's a gd one to have! I'm sailing NB on 10jun on island. Hope it helps.

Are there bad (bd) ones to have? In what ways are they different to good (gd) ones?

Are there bad (bd) ones to have? In what ways are they different to good (gd) ones?

Yes, Salvatore on our first Diamond cruise was very arrogant, and it took us four days of meeting with him before he would change our table arrangement. We asked every day, and the people we wanted to sit with asked every day to no avail until finally on the 5th day he moved us.

On our next cruise on the Diamond we were told that he is no longer with Princess.

Hi All

Griller post was for all,

As to why a passenger should meet the maitre d ,

going to the chefs table,

needing to move tables as knowone spoke english,

needing to move because no table mates,

wanting friends to join your table

doing UBD

having a birthday

inviting them to a CC meet,

plenty of reasons why I have met a number of maite d 's

yours Shogun

Yes, Salvatore on our first Diamond cruise was very arrogant, and it took us four days of meeting with him before he would change our table arrangement. We asked every day, and the people we wanted to sit with asked every day to no avail until finally on the 5th day he moved us.

On our next cruise on the Diamond we were told that he is no longer with Princess.

Sounds like he wanted to be introduced to a President, and not George Washington.

I was once told a $20 was suitable inducement for what you wanted. Same as a hotelroom upgrade in Vegas.That was a while ago, what with Quantitative Easing a 20 ain't as persuasive as it used to be.

Hi All

Griller post was for all,

As to why a passenger should meet the maitre d ,

going to the chefs table,

needing to move tables as knowone spoke english,

needing to move because no table mates,

wanting friends to join your table

doing UBD

having a birthday

inviting them to a CC meet,

plenty of reasons why I have met a number of maite d 's

yours Shogun

Blimey Guvnor you've had a rough ride, what chance is there for us ordinary mortals!

I've given up Chef's Table, too stingy on the booze,hard to get them to fill a wineglass the way I like it, oik that I am, and it went up in cost just that bit too much. And the veal they often served wasn't for us.

A decent MaitreD' wouldn't have put you on a nonEnglish speaking table in the first place. Hasn't often happened to me. Can be fun, or not. Sometimes there are things you have to be careful not to talk about, like in Fawlty Towers if you know what I mean.

That of course can lead to another of your situations, no table mates!

You've lost me on the "UBD" thing, whatever it is.

Cheers, Griller

Hi Griller

Have had a table for six two came from Brazil, two from a former Russian state none could speak english, they could not speak to each other,

waiters had a hard time,

had table mates arrive first night who on waiting for the table to fill got up said nicely as there were no other folks from there country they would be moving,

could go on, but the more you cruise the more storries you can tell.

yours Shogun

Archived