Waterworks/Water Slides

De-Luxe08

We will be taking our family on a cruise in the fall of 2014 and am trying to figure out which ship prior to all the schedules being posted. My husband and I have been on the Breeze and will be on the Breeze again in Feb. 2014. The waterworks is great for kids. My husband wants to take my granddaughter (she'll be 12) on this ship or a ship that has more than just a slide (she's been there done that). I have looked at the deck plans to see which ones show more than the twister slides, but with changes being made to some ships (and I'll be honest, I'm not up to date with any of this), I'm not sure if those deck plans are current because some show no pictures of that area at all. My question is, what ships have more than just the twister waterslide? Also, itinerary is not overly important as my DD has only been on one cruise and my SIL, none. Any suggestions regarding waterworks/waterslides is greatly appreciated.

Sunshine also has a pretty expansive waterworks area.

If you are not locked into Carnival, I will also consider NCL's big ships like the Epic or the Breakaway, both with pretty good waterplay features.

Magic, Dream, Breeze and some of the Fantasy-class ships have the enhanced waterworks area.

Just to enhance .. all fantasy class ships, except elation and paradise have waterworks. Not that the rest of the ship will come up to Breeze's standard.

Only Breeze and Magic have the rope course

Just to enhance .. all fantasy class ships, except elation and paradise have waterworks. Not that the rest of the ship will come up to Breeze's standard.

Only Breeze and Magic have the rope course

Sunshine has the ropes course also.

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We will be taking our family on a cruise in the fall of 2014 and am trying to figure out which ship prior to all the schedules being posted. My husband and I have been on the Breeze and will be on the Breeze again in Feb. 2014. The waterworks is great for kids. My husband wants to take my granddaughter (she'll be 12) on this ship or a ship that has more than just a slide (she's been there done that). I have looked at the deck plans to see which ones show more than the twister slides, but with changes being made to some ships (and I'll be honest, I'm not up to date with any of this), I'm not sure if those deck plans are current because some show no pictures of that area at all. My question is, what ships have more than just the twister waterslide? Also, itinerary is not overly important as my DD has only been on one cruise and my SIL, none. Any suggestions regarding waterworks/waterslides is greatly appreciated.

The Carnival Sunshine has a great slide and waterworks. Looking at the pictures, I'll probably beat her to that area once on board. There are two slides so that people can now race each other down and you can actually see who won (I think they show your time, or that you won). I'm leaving on the Sunshine in March of 2014 out of New Orleans where she will be based for a while. Hope this helps.

From my research (I am discounting kiddie slides and water play areas):

Dream: Twister, Drainpipe, Speed Slides

Magic: Twister, Drainpipe, Dump Bucket

Breeze: Twister, Drainpipe, Dump Bucket

Sunshine: Twister, Racing Slides, Dump Bucket

Fascination: Twister, Speed Slides

Ecstasy: Twister, Speed Slides

Sensation: Twister, Speed Slides

Fantasy: Twister, Speed Slides

Imagination: Twister, Speed Slides

Inspiration: Twister, Speed Slides

Twister - Carnival's Signature twisting, enclosed slide, measuring 200 to 300 feet long.

Drainpipe - A 100+ foot slide that opens up into a bowl that you circle around (similar to going down the drain)

Speed Slides - Matching open slides where you race against another person down a short drop

Dump Bucket - A 500 gallon (I think) bucket of water that dumps its contents onto people below every few minutes

Racing Slides - Matching twisting, enclosed slides where a lighted countdown is given and you go upon green. Your time is posted at the end and a winner declared.

From my research (I am discounting kiddie slides and water play areas):

Dream: Twister, Drainpipe, Speed Slides

Magic: Twister, Drainpipe, Dump Bucket

Breeze: Twister, Drainpipe, Dump Bucket

Sunshine: Twister, Racing Slides, Dump Bucket

Thanks so much for all your info -- this helps tremendously. I would love to sail the Sunshine, but the problem there being, if it stays with the same ports, those are the ports my DD and granddaughter have been to. The Magic also does similar ports to the Sunshine. Decisions, decisions. Just need to wait till the Breeze (and Sunshine if it doesn't take forever) to post the cruises for late in 2014.

Thanks to everyone who posted info.

Donna

Archived