Sending postcards

The first time I mailed a post card from a cruise, I mailed it on the ship. There was a mail box at the "front desk", or whatever it's called on a ship. This was a 1998 western Caribbean cruise. Put a stamp from country we just left on it, and then I realized later that if they try to mail it from the next port, it may not make it because of postage from another country. I never did hear if the post cards arrived.

When we cruised to Alaska several years later, I just mailed them from port. US postage was easy.

I would suggest mailing them from port.

Is there mail service onboard to send post cards or do you send them when you arrive in port

Thanks!

Rose

They have a mail deposit, and will take mail off the ship mail it at the next port. However, our experience has been that they don't sell stamps, so that makes the process problematic.

I've posted them in the Med. I took them to guest services, they checked which stamps would be needed for the next port, they had a big folder of different stamps. Handed over the cards, they charged my seapass and posted them for me :)

till the next time the ship gets back to that port, especially if you put stamps on it.....Sometimes when our "grands" have received their cards, it's a few weeks after we have gotten home. At least they know we thought about them. :)

The last time I sent post cards, they eventually arrived three months after I got home. Now I pick them up and mail them when I get home. At least I know they will get to the people I send them to.

The last time I sent post cards, they eventually arrived three months after I got home. Now I pick them up and mail them when I get home. At least I know they will get to the people I send them to.

I was thinking that same thing. Just mail them when you get back; they will get to their recipient a lot faster than mailing from overseas!

When we sailed out of Port Canavral a few years back on the Disney Magic. We put our postcards in the box at the service desk.

They cruised with us and were mailed from Port Canavral, so they waited to mail them till we were back in our original port:mad:.

Sea Ya

Archived