seattle hotel help

fgresko

I am flying in late in the day on a sunday and want to tour around the monday, then cruise on tuesday, I can get a hotel near the airport for next to nothing for the 2 nights, is it worth it, I will have to figure transportation to the market and the space needle, then the pier the next day. Is it easy to get around?

I generally think it is best to stay downtown near the tourist areas but sometimes with timing the sea tac option works well. Arriving late , you can be at a sea tac hotel in minutes, get up early next morning the take the light rail to westlake station . 45 minutes you will be in the centre of town ready to sightsee for the day. have a later dinner and take light rail back to sea tac. Next day either light rail or airport shuttle to the ship. This would give you a full ,possibly long day in DT seattle , enabling you to save many $$$$$

and enjoy some of the sights.

I have stayed at many of the hotels at sea tac and think they are fine.

Most airport hotels offer a free shuttle to/from the airport. When you're ready to go sightseeing, take the shuttle to the airport and catch the Light Rail from SeaTac to Seattle. Ride it to the last stop, Westlake Center, and it takes 40 minutes $2.75. It leaves every 10 minutes +/-

http://www.soundtransit.org/Schedules/Central-Link-light-rail

The Market is about a 4 block walk from Westlake. The Monorail runs from Westlake to the Seattle Center/Space Needle.

As for getting to the pier ... which one? Pier 66 is downtown and 91 is about 5 miles north of downtown. Shuttle Express has frequent service between SeaTac and both piers for about $22pp. Or you could take a taxi or towncar . Pier 66 from SeaTac is $40 by taxi and $45 by towncar. Pier 91 will be about $15 more.

One thing about the SEATAC hotels, there is very little in the area with regard to restaurants. Its not an area I'd want to be in without a car. Heck, on my return last year, I rented a car at the pier (downtown hotel) just so I would have a car to get dinner that night.

we are flying in Wednesday night (arriving around 9:30pm). We'll have all day Thursday to sightsee and then we depart on Friday.

We booked a hotel in Queen Anne are (Mediterranean Inn). We are taking a private car from airport to hotel. It is about $45 but is only about 20-25 minutes (according to Google).

Hotel is near enough to Fish Market and Space Needle and other things. And, then isn't too far from cruise pier. It wasn't cheap by any means, but it looks like a good place to stay.

You'll have to decide if staying cheap at hotel near Sea Tac is worth the time to travel back and forth into town to sightsee. For me it wasn't.

ended up booked at the redroof inn at SeaTac. used points on a cc and was almost free. just could not pass it up. I figure onr trip into town, one trip back, then to the peir the next day, the hotel has a shuttle to get us from the airport.

ended up booked at the redroof inn at SeaTac. used points on a cc and was almost free. just could not pass it up. I figure onr trip into town, one trip back, then to the peir the next day, the hotel has a shuttle to get us from the airport.

I stayed at redroof and it was a good stay. the room was very clean, the bed was comfortable and the shower was nice and hot. they picked us up at SeaTac quickly. I think the name on the shuttle bus has something to do with another hotel that is right next to them. call and ask for sure ahead of time. there was a quicky place right across the street where we bought snacks for the night. a station for the light rail was only about 3 blocks away. we walked there ourselves to get on and go downtown for the day. it was a great stay and I would use them again. sorry, I don't remember about a free breakfast if there was one.

Archived