Caesar Salads

As a former waiter who has made Caesar Salads tableside, the anchovies are included in the dressing. If Carnival uses a premade dressing then you most likely won't taste it, but if they make it from scratch then it will probably just depend on who is making it and how much they put in.

I've had people see me putting anchovies in the Caesar and ask me to not use them....then complain that it doesn't taste right. If it's made right you won't taste anything fishy and you won't be able to tell that there are anchovies in it, but you will be able to tell something is missing if they don't use them.

I believe that the dressing is made with an anchovie paste added and not whole anchovies. We have made it at home from the Carnival cookbook and it's very good.

Could you please tell me what is in the dressing? Is there any thing in there that wouldn't be low carb?

I love, love , love Caesar salads. I noticed that every Caesar salad is described with anchovies. Can you get a Caesar salad without anchovies? I know anchovies maybe in the dressing, but I'm ok with that. Not whole ones ruining my salad.

I love them too and the ones on ships are usually fishier than the ones we eat at home.Its probably anchovie paste in the dressing.I have never had one with actual fish in it

I miss the Cesar Salad at the Pizza place along with getting whole anchovies.

I use to LOVE getting the Ceasar salad at the Pizza station also and I miss it.

However when I was on the Pride in May they had a boxed lunch on the Serenity Desk and they had the Ceasar salad just like the pizza place. Check there next time.

As a former waiter who has made Caesar Salads tableside, the anchovies are included in the dressing. If Carnival uses a premade dressing then you most likely won't taste it, but if they make it from scratch then it will probably just depend on who is making it and how much they put in.

I've had people see me putting anchovies in the Caesar and ask me to not use them....then complain that it doesn't taste right. If it's made right you won't taste anything fishy and you won't be able to tell that there are anchovies in it, but you will be able to tell something is missing if they don't use them.

Where's the LIKE button. I never knew that anchovies were in Cesar Salad:eek:, which is my staple while on the cruise, who knew! Not that I'm opposed to the little fish, but so salty. Guess the salt is why I like the salads. Hmmmm, might just ask for an anchovie or two for my next salad. Should go well with DW's Dirty Martini.

I really hate the taste of fish (long story), and I've never had a problem with the Caesar salads on Carnival. If they're a component of the dressing, it wasn't any 'worse' than groundside Caesar salads I've had.

Do they still make the caesar salad for you at the pizza stations?

At the 'old' model stations, yes. They have Caesar salads, calzones and the 'old style' pizza.

The 'new' model ones (flagged as "Pizza Pirate" I think) do not have salads or calzones.

I love, love , love Caesar salads. I noticed that every Caesar salad is described with anchovies. Can you get a Caesar salad without anchovies? I know anchovies maybe in the dressing, but I'm ok with that. Not whole ones ruining my salad.

You can have Caesar salad without anchovies, and there are lots of choices to find that Caesar salad. The pizza place has Caesar salads, the buffet has Caesar salad, and of course you can order them in the dining room. At the pizza place and the dining room, you can tell the server to hold the anchovies. At the buffet, there is a big dish full of romaine already tossed with Caesar dressing and parmesan sprinkled on. I have never seen anchovies on the buffet Caesar salad. I think you can also get the Caesar salad from room service where you can also ask them to hold the anchovies.

Archived