Caesar Salads

I love, love , love Caesar salads. I noticed that every Caesar salad is described with anchovies. Can you get a Caesar salad without anchovies? I know anchovies maybe in the dressing, but I'm ok with that. Not whole ones ruining my salad.

I love, love , love Caesar salads. I noticed that every Caesar salad is described with anchovies. Can you get a Caesar salad without anchovies? I know anchovies maybe in the dressing, but I'm ok with that. Not whole ones ruining my salad.

On my last cruise in February, I got a Caesar salad almost every night. I did not see any whole anchovies in the salad (because they would have been picked out in a heart beat), so I am guessing they are in the dressing.

They used to have whole anchovies available on the Caesar salad in the steakhouse (I actually like them), however they've stopped doing that now. :( I too have never seen them in the MDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes there is just anchovies paste in the dressing so no need to worry.

However if any of you like whole anchovies on your salad just ask your waiter he'll bring a little cup of them for you. Or at least every cruise I've been on with my dad they bring him one when he asks.

I LOVE carnivals Caesar salads and HATE HATE HATE anchovies. I have never seen any in the salads. Ive never had one that tasted fishy. When I came home last sunday from my cruise my mom made Caesar salads for dinner, she asked "how is your salad?" I told her "its good, but not carnival good" she just rolled her eyes lol

They used to have whole anchovies available on the Caesar salad in the steakhouse (I actually like them), however they've stopped doing that now. :( I too have never seen them in the MDR.

That's the only time I've seen them. Last time we were at the steakhouse on Carnival was a few years ago.

I didn't notice them throughout the salad, however the dressing had a heavy anchovie flavor. It was still good, just more fishy tasting than I'm used to.

I did not care for their caesar salad because the anchovie flavor in the dressing was way too strong for me. I was disappointed because I love Caesar Salad.

I hate anchovies but loved the Caesar salad on Pride. I had one almost every night. I can't wait to try them on Breeze in November!

Well, good luck then. We were on Breeze in February and only went to the dining room a couple of nights (long story). I ordered the Caesar salad one night and it was disgusting. It was served wilted...actually like it had been sitting under heat lamps...the romaine lettuce leaves were actually heated up, plus the anchovy was overwhelming. It was strange, as I have always had a Caesar a day on previous Carnival cruises, and found the salads to be delicious.

Last cruise I was on I kept thinking there is something I do not like about ceaser salad by I couldn't remember what it was until I was on a lounge chair and I saw something black.... Then suddenly remembered why I didn't like ceaser salads.

If you as not looking for it you will not notice them but once you start looking they are easy to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last month on the Conquest they offered DH anchovies with his Caesar salad in the steakhouse, but it may vary by ship or waitstaff. I am pretty sure DH did not know that caesar dressing had anchovies as the base until that time, because he was very surprised by the question. I do not recall seeing anchovies in the salad in the MDR, which DH had almost every evening.

I tried anchovies once by accident. we had pizza at my grandparents and I had a piece of pizza and noticed that the "mushrooms" were very salty. That was when I learned that my grandfather liked anchovies on his pizza. My parents typically ordered sausage and mushroom, so I assumed it was the same thing. The pizza tasted fine but I am not sure I can get over the idea of what it is. But then again I have tried escargot, calamari, and clams and the idea of eating those slimy things grosses me out too, but they were all pretty decent.

Archived