Alaska Land tours dress ??

jnc411

Hi , we will be on a precruise Alaska Land tour , during the days it will be jeans and layered tops with a jacket and sneekers (September). but for evenings dinner in the Lodges , do you dress it up a bit with slacks and sweaters ?? Or do most people just stay in the Jeans with nice tops ? I would be fine with either , but wondering about packing, trying to limit that. I do have to pack the DH suit and tie for the cruise portions of the trip and my formal ware , but I don't plan on getting that out till we are on the ship, but will I need nice slacks with nice top for dinner in the Lodge or no, hopefully no. With all the bus travel and going from one lodge to another I would think most people would be as casual as possible , am I right ?

Thanks everyone.

Cori

You'd be fine staying casual. I always enjoy a change from jeans and tees, though, so I throw in at least a nicer blouse or top for dinner even if the jeans are kept on. Depends on how long a day it has been excursion-wise. You won't be out of line keeping your casual things on, though. Think you'll love Alaska and want to go back. Enjoy! ;)

Guest maddycat

Alaskan lodges are very casual. Jeans are the norm both day and night. So, whatever you wear during the day will be fine for dinner.

The only problem with jeans in Alaska is if it rains (and it often does) the jeans will take a long time to dry. Perhaps take along a spare pair to change into.

Have fun.

The only problem with jeans in Alaska is if it rains (and it often does) the jeans will take a long time to dry. Perhaps take along a spare pair to change into.

Have fun.

Will do. and probably would be a good idea to pack a light weight unbrella and those little throw away rain ponchos as well they take little or no room and would come in handy I guess. Thanks for the heads up.

Cori

Rather than an umbrella - which is just something else to carry/keep up with and becomes an unintended weapon all too many times - think of a long (cover the bum) waterproof jacket with a hood. It's a great outer layer for Alaska.

And I've been known to scotchguard my jeans. Hang them on a hanger, hang the hanger on the shower head, and spray in the shower and let them dry there.

Look into buying some rain pants. Even with an umbrella and a rain jacket or poncho, the bottoms of your pants are going to get wet. The rain pants don't take up much room at all - many stuff into one of their pockets.

You can reuse them at home on those rainy days when you want to take a walk/run, take out the trash, walk the dog, etc...

Rather than an umbrella - which is just something else to carry/keep up with and becomes an unintended weapon all too many times - think of a long (cover the bum) waterproof jacket with a hood. It's a great outer layer for Alaska.

And I've been known to scotchguard my jeans. Hang them on a hanger, hang the hanger on the shower head, and spray in the shower and let them dry there.

Great idea , thank you.

Cori

Archived