!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Thanks Gambee. Your trip report was excellent with so many details and pictures. I had a quick question.

I have the Ultimate Dining Package and I understand the Cirque Dream dinner/show is free on the first evening. However I can't make the reservation online but I am able to book the other specialty restaurants. I was planning to go reserve it once I board the ship. Where is the closest location to reserve the Cirque Dream?

You should be able to book it online now as long as you have the Ultimate Dining package. It is under entertainment (not dining) and it will come up $0. in your cart as long as you reserve it for the first night. We loved the show!

When I select the first night, Cirque dream doesn't appear on the list. Nothing under Entertainment but some appear under Dining (none is Cirque Dream).

• 1 month later...
We have been on five Norwegian cruises. The nickel and diming gets worse every trip. What was free the last trip is no longer free...or they eliminated something…or the prices have risen. For example the in room movies used to be free. The spa used to be free. Some of the specialty restaurants were free. The food in the main dining room went down in quality. I mean how many times can they serve turkey. I worked in the restaurant business turkey is the cheapest meat you can get. They get you on with good prices but wait till you see your on board tab. Our best Norwegian trip will still be our first one in 2006. The up charging and the quality has gone down with every cruise. We find RCCL and PCL don't nickel and dime you to death but still provide a superior product.

Thank you i just got off the breakaway for my first cruise ever and was very disappointed in the food, and almost everyone who wasnt staying in a haven said it was there last ncl cruise because of all the things you mentioned. My big gripe is ice cream, free soft serve at the buffet but a sunday cost money most people dont blink an eye at it but in ncl the promote ksf and charge a kid 6 dollars for ice cream sunday

Thank you i just got off the breakaway for my first cruise ever and was very disappointed in the food, and almost everyone who wasnt staying in a haven said it was there last ncl cruise because of all the things you mentioned. My big gripe is ice cream, free soft serve at the buffet but a sunday cost money most people dont blink an eye at it but in ncl the promote ksf and charge a kid 6 dollars for ice cream sunday

Where was the charged Sundae? In the Buffet (along with the soft serve) they have hard ice cream that you can get toppings on complimentary. Or at least it was in May...

Edited by Winston Wolf

Where was the charged Sundae? In the Buffet (along with the soft serve) they have hard ice cream that you can get toppings on complimentary. Or at least it was in May...

The sundaes - and other ice cream treats - range from $3.00 to $4.50 at O'Sheehans.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven't been on BA yet...26 days! So maybe I am misunderstanding things. I thought O'Sheehan's was complimentary? So everything except ice cream is complimentary?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am curios too.

I am going Nov 9.

I haven't been on BA yet...26 days! So maybe I am misunderstanding things. I thought O'Sheehan's was complimentary? So everything except ice cream is complimentary?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Correct...it is complimentary. .except for a few items

Great place for food

Safe sailing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After doing a search for Bermuda cruises, I've just read another one of your great reviews. Thank you for taking so much time and putting so much energy into your reviews.

I read something about your Fedora getting dirty. DH has some hats and I've been successful cleaning them but I tried something once and it worked so well. I put it in the top rack of the dishwasher on top of the little prong holders. His hats turned out wonderful.

• 3 months later...

New to CC, just booked our 30th Anniversary on the Breakaway. Chose it because it's a fairly new ship, we love NCL, and never been to Bermuda. Booked an Aft Cabin. Appreciate your detailed review and especially your incredible photos! Thanks so much for putting in the time, Gambee!

Edited by Hoosier1439

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gambee,

Just wanted to thank you for this review. We are booked on this ship in a few weeks so it was great to get this type of information.

Even at the risk of getting flamed, I did want to give one piece of constructive criticism on your photos. You may have figured this out by now since the pictures are pretty old at this point, but most of your photos are underexposed. In Lightroom (which you were using at least), look at the histogram in Develop mode. You want an even dispersion across the histogram, many of yours are heavily on the left side which is underexposed. I realize this is also a function of your camera but I would suggest you add a stop or so of exposure to your pictures in LR.

Thanks again for the awesome review!

• 3 weeks later...