Norwegian Breakaway Highlights - Photo intensive

xenagurl

St. Georges Bermuda and more photos of the Breakaway.

http://travelxena.com/st-georges-bermuda-and-photos-around-the-norwegian-breakaway/

St. Georges Bermuda and Photos around the Norwegian Breakaway

Last but not least from our enjoyable cruise on the ship is our wanderings around St. Georges Bermuda and some random photos from areas of the ship. We spent the first day in Bermuda on the ship enjoying the water slides since most people were on shore, the second day we head to St. Georges and the third we just spent a few hours around dockyards. Frankly there’s not much to do there besides go to a small mall or eat at one of the restaurants there, so we sat around enjoyed the sun and breeze and picked up some water to take back on the ship. The photos below are from the second day.

In order to take the buses or ferries you can use tokens or passes. They have 1, 2 and 3 day passes available. Prices for them have gone up significantly since last year, so we opted for a two day pass and actually wound up wasting money since we didn’t use it on the last day. Honestly in future we’ll probably by tokens for when we need the ferry since we don’t spend all three days wandering the island anyway.

You can buy the passes at the tourist booth that’s right there as you get to the end of the pier. You can also get them in the little information shop that’s right in the center in the area where the ferries and buses stop.

We made our way to the unfinished cathedral, Tobacco bay and the surrounding area along with Fort Catherine, we stopped off for a bit to eat and then head back on the ferry. We walked about 2 miles total and it was nice to feel our legs stretch on land in the warm sun. I’ll be adding some more photos soon.

Bermuda-Heritage-Wharf-2-day-Ferry-Pass-TravelXena.jpg

Bermuda-Unfinished-Cathedral-TravelXena-21.jpg

Bermuda-Tobacco-Bay-St-Georges-TravelXena-56.jpg

For those that love Rosie of Fire and Ice fame, here are some pictures of her in action. I'll upload some video soon and post the link here too.

She is so amazingly fit and is a true fitness inspiration as well. !

Rosie-Tina-Turner-Norwegian-Breakaway-TravelXena-8.jpg

Rosie-Tina-Turner-Norwegian-Breakaway-TravelXena-3.jpg

Hello Xena, I am just now catching up with other reviews. Love your review, I think I might need another trip to Bermuda to see Tobacco Bay, looks like my kind of place :).

Hi Gambee. Thank you for checking it out. You've been doing a lot of work! I've enjoyed reading your review...chock full of info. :) You'd enjoy Tobacco Bay. Beautiful place. I hope to see you on the Breakaway again one of these days. :)

Edited by xenagurl

Xena, just catching up with the reviews now. Yours was excellent as always! Love, love your interviews.

One question I have is concerning the Platinum Ship's Tour. Others have said it was scheduled the same time as the Meet & Greet Meeting. Was this the case on your sailing? How did you handle that?

Thank you Pat! :D Good to see you around here, I hope that you've been having a great year. :)

I didn't go on the tour I believe that it was at 10am and I knew that it would overlap. One member that went said that he left before it was over to at least stop by the M&G and that was about 40 minutes in. So unfortunately for the free behind the scenes tour it's definitely an either or situation.

Xena, just catching up with the reviews now. Yours was excellent as always! Love, love your interviews.

One question I have is concerning the Platinum Ship's Tour. Others have said it was scheduled the same time as the Meet & Greet Meeting. Was this the case on your sailing? How did you handle that?

Thank you Pat! :D Good to see you around here, I hope that you've been having a great year. :)

I didn't go on the tour I believe that it was at 10am and I knew that it would overlap. One member that went said that he left before it was over to at least stop by the M&G and that was about 40 minutes in. So unfortunately for the free behind the scenes tour it's definitely an either or situation.

Thanks Xena - problem with that is that I'm organizing the M&G Meeting :eek:.

Thanks Xena - problem with that is that I'm organizing the M&G Meeting :eek:.

That's what I was doing and why I missed it as well. I thought of seeing if Dh could go in my place, but we figured we'd do the tour the next time around. Perhaps you can ask if you can go on the paid tour instead due to the conflict and since you will be organizing the M&G. They might consider it. I'm not sure when you're going but Sean Wurmhoering is the HD for the next few months, the same one that was on the Star when we were there, so perhaps a note to him would help.

That's what I was doing and why I missed it as well. I thought of seeing if Dh could go in my place, but we figured we'd do the tour the next time around. Perhaps you can ask if you can go on the paid tour instead due to the conflict and since you will be organizing the M&G. They might consider it. I'm not sure when you're going but Sean Wurmhoering is the HD for the next few months, the same one that was on the Star when we were there, so perhaps a note to him would help.

Thanks Xena, Breakaway being a new ship and I've been following her for months on Everything Breakaway, this is one tour I don't want to miss.

We are the last cruise to Bermuda in October. Good news about Sean. Hope he is still there. We had such a great time with him on the Star. So many reviews I've been reading mention the "disconnect" between staff and crew. This is not the NCL I know. I'm sure Sean will straighten this out.

I'll manage something re the Ship's Tour - even if I go on the tour and cut out early for the meeting. Thanks for your help.

Thanks Xena, Breakaway being a new ship and I've been following her for months on Everything Breakaway, this is one tour I don't want to miss.

We are the last cruise to Bermuda in October. Good news about Sean. Hope he is still there. We had such a great time with him on the Star. So many reviews I've been reading mention the "disconnect" between staff and crew. This is not the NCL I know. I'm sure Sean will straighten this out.

I'll manage something re the Ship's Tour - even if I go on the tour and cut out early for the meeting. Thanks for your help.

That's definitely understandable. I'm sure it'll be interesting!

I didn't get that feeling at all (regarding the disconnect), but perhaps others encountered something that I didn't. Disconnect as if to say that they're not working together smoothly? If that's the case it's not something that we experienced at all.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...