Norwegian Breakaway Highlights - Photo intensive

xenagurl

Xena, I tried to copy the photo but I couldn't - what category is the room with the two beds and that 'angled' window??

Also, what drink do you recommend from the Ice Bar? It was one of my favourite places on the Epic btw:D

Did you mean the one below? That was a Haven access suite on deck 11. I'll try to find the exact number for you. It might be in my photos. :) EDIT: I check but I can't find it :( but from the cabin crawl notes it is a S7 Haven access.

Jose (the Beverage Manager) recommends the Yellow Cab, it's the only place that you can get that drink and it's pretty tasty!

Xena, I tried to copy the photo but I couldn't - what category is the room with the two beds and that 'angled' window??

Also, what drink do you recommend from the Ice Bar? It was one of my favourite places on the Epic btw:D

Haven-Suite-Deck-11-Norwegian-Breakaway-TravelXena-14.jpg

Edited by xenagurl

OMG, was that a scale I saw in the Haven Suite? I don't have a Haven Suite and I hope scales aren't in all the cabins! LOL

Yup it sure was! LOL A few of us were joking about that...who in the world wants that dose of reality while on vacation?! :D We didn't have a Haven suite either, it was an Oceanview...no scale. :p

Edited by xenagurl

Video Interview with Drew DeFour and Kin Curran

Musicians on the Norwegian Breakaway currently performing

at Howl at the Moon

Full interview

here.

After sitting down for a lovely and informative dinner with them we asked a few questions that they answered. Learn more about this talented duo in the video below.

When you have a chance to see them in person, don’t forget to request that Drew play one of his original songs. Keep a Light is my favorite and you can find that along with his new song The Man You Loved and others on their websites and on YouTube.

Drew’s Website http://drewdefour.com/

Kin’s Website http://kincurran.com/

If you can't access the interview link above it's also available
:

8913686416_a85f3641e1_n.jpg

Dance class with the Rockettes!

How many times do you get to take lessons with and actually dance with the Rockettes? Very few. However that was one of the perks in sailing on the first six sailings out of New York on the Norwegian Breakaway, a full hour dance class with 2 of the high energy women that make up the team of the iconic Radio City Rockettes! And yes the class was free for all that wanted to join regardless of gender of age, all a part of the cool on board entertainment.

Video coming soon.

http://travelxena.com/norwegian-breakaway-the-rockettes-dance-class-and-qa/

Rockettes-Dance-Class-Norwegian-Breakaway-TravelXena-5.jpg

Rockettes-Dance-Class-Norwegian-Breakaway-TravelXena-4.jpg

Rockettes-Dance-Class-Norwegian-Breakaway-TravelXena-11.jpg

Thank you AquamarineBreeze, very nice of you to say. :)

I'm a bit behind with some videos and photos but I hope to have the rest up by the weekend. Darn this work interfering with my cruise reminiscing! ;) LOL

BTW I'll also get back to the Epic thread and post the Barcelona info soon.

Xenagurl you've inspired me to find my photo taken in front of the sphinx in Giza.

Thanks for your details.

The light blue waterslide--is it slow and a waste of time? I like the ones on Carnival ships like Liberty, Glory, etc. Those are fast and steep. this one doesn't look steep to really move.

Xenagurl you've inspired me to find my photo taken in front of the sphinx in Giza.

Thanks for your details.

The light blue waterslide--is it slow and a waste of time? I like the ones on Carnival ships like Liberty, Glory, etc. Those are fast and steep. this one doesn't look steep to really move.

Cool! That Sphinx is one cool cat! lol

Glad it could be helpful. The light blue water slide is actually a lot of fun, it is a bit slower because it's a bit lower than the others but I think that you bounce around more from side to side, I liked it.

The best really is the Free Fall, it's fast and fun, almost like a quick roller coaster ride!

Terrific video, makes me wish I didn't have back issues and could try it myself!

Thanks. Aww bummer. Perhaps one of the others if not the free fall? They're less intense but still fun! :)

Think April 20, 2014! :D

I'll do that! Dh and I have "Breakaway Blues" we keep trying to figure out a time when we can go again.

:D Awww MrsNancyG You just made my day! Thanks! I really hope that we can cruise together one day too! I will try to make the April date :D

tumblr_mf10j874eu1rdw96to1_400.gif

Xena, while I've had the pleasure of speaking/typing with a bunch of really nice people here, there is really only ONE person I truly hope to cruise with and meet someday....YOU!
Edited by xenagurl

Thank you AquamarineBreeze, very nice of you to say. :)

I'm a bit behind with some videos and photos but I hope to have the rest up by the weekend. Darn this work interfering with my cruise reminiscing! ;) LOL

BTW I'll also get back to the Epic thread and post the Barcelona info soon.

Lol, I completely understand about work getting in the way! Mine has been doing that for two months straight since I've been back.... I do love thinking about travel memories while I'm having a coffee break - but espressos are so small so I don't get too far;) At this point I'm thinking I'll just wait till my next cruise to write.

Thanks for remembering about Barcelona :) when you have the time ...

A presto!

xenagurl, thanks for the great pictures and videos. sailing 7/7 and my twin 13 year old boys and I viewed both pictures and videos and can't wait they are so excited.:D:D:D

So glad that it contributed to the excitement! :D They're going to love all of the activities there. we felt like big kids ourselves!

Lol, I completely understand about work getting in the way! Mine has been doing that for two months straight since I've been back.... I do love thinking about travel memories while I'm having a coffee break - but espressos are so small so I don't get too far;) At this point I'm thinking I'll just wait till my next cruise to write.

Thanks for remembering about Barcelona :) when you have the time ...

A presto!

LOL So small yet so good. I only really drink "un cafe" when I'm in Italy. It's just not the same here.

Have a super weekend!

Interview here:

http://travelxena.com/captain-evans-hoyt-of-the-norwegian-breakaway/

Can you guess where he's from? It might surprise you! smile.gif

There's also video to the Q&A session held where he along with Denis Prguda who was serving as Hotel Director for the last time on that sailing. He's now been promoted to Regional Vice President of Hotel Operations. (Congratulations Denis!)

to the video in case you have trouble with it in the link above.

Norwegian-Breakaway-Captain-Evans-Hoyt-TravelXena.jpg

MrsNancyG, is not the only one who would love to sail with you.

I have a piece of BA news to share: I do not know how many of you got the opportunity to meet the Head Bartender O'neil Pandit from India. This past Thursday evening he competed against 399 other Bartenders from throughout the cruise industry and took 2nd PLACE. It was a qualifier for the World Bartender's Competition.

Mandy

MrsNancyG, is not the only one who would love to sail with you.

I have a piece of BA news to share: I do not know how many of you got the opportunity to meet the Head Bartender O'neil Pandit from India. This past Thursday evening he competed against 399 other Bartenders from throughout the cruise industry and took 2nd PLACE. It was a qualifier for the World Bartender's Competition.

Mandy

That's nice of you to say Mandy :)

Oh that is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations O'Neil Pandit! NCL must be proud! They really do hire the best!