SliceofLife's 5/19 Breakaway to Bermuda Review

SliceOfLife

If you don't see Burn the Floor, Rock of Ages or Cirque, you have the option of going to Fat Cats to see Slam Allen a few nights, Howl at the Moon for a few nights, plenty of music acts in the lounges and Atrium, The Newlywed Not so Newlywed Game, Deal or No Deal, 55 to Stay Alive, Majority Wins.

I don't know what parents do with their kids for late night shows. I think you can pay extra for the kids club to watch your kids after normal hours.

I was on your cruise, I knew what my options were and I was not bored. My point was that ROA was not an appropriate show for 7pm, when all entertainment should be family friendly. There are so many other Broadway shows out there which would have been good entertainment for everyone. It's nice everyone is enjoying your review.

We sailed through customs, the guy barely glanced at our customs forms and he didn’t even want to look at my passport. I’ll take it, best customs experience ever!! The customs people in Miami are so rude so it was a very nice breath of fresh air to deal with NYC customs.

Thanks!:)

I was on your cruise, I knew what my options were and I was not bored. My point was that ROA was not an appropriate show for 7pm, when all entertainment should be family friendly. There are so many other Broadway shows out there which would have been good entertainment for everyone. It's nice everyone is enjoying your review.

The 7pm show appeals to those who are not night owls. I don't stay up late so I always book 7pm shows.

Excellent review! We have an Aft PH on deck 12 and not sure either noise or vibration would bother us much mainly because we are rarely back in the cabin prior to 1 or 2 am.

Excellent review! We have an Aft PH on deck 12 and not sure either noise or vibration would bother us much mainly because we are rarely back in the cabin prior to 1 or 2 am.

Noise won't be an issue for you then if you're back so late. Vibrations are when pulling in and out of port. If you're on the Bermuda sailing that will be a minimum. Enjoy your suite!

I read your whole review (LOVED IT!) and I am subscribed to your photo reveiw as well as Gambee. I was on the fence about doing the Breakaway especially with a Bermuda itinerary, but you both have changed my mind!!

I did not read all the comments/posts after your review so please forgive if this has been asked and answered. I saw you posted weight limits for the free fall water slide and ropes course. Do the other water slides have weight limits? I don't want to get weighed on vacation ESPECIALLY towards the end of the cruise!!!

TIA!

I read your whole review (LOVED IT!) and I am subscribed to your photo reveiw as well as Gambee. I was on the fence about doing the Breakaway especially with a Bermuda itinerary, but you both have changed my mind!!

I did not read all the comments/posts after your review so please forgive if this has been asked and answered. I saw you posted weight limits for the free fall water slide and ropes course. Do the other water slides have weight limits? I don't want to get weighed on vacation ESPECIALLY towards the end of the cruise!!!

TIA!

I'm glad we could change your mind on taking the Breakaway. It was truly a fantastic cruise!

I am not sure if you have to be weighed in for the Whip Slides (the yellow and purple) as I didn't get a chance to try them out.

You don't have to watch them weigh you if that makes you feel any better.

Hi Slice of Life! Thanks for your review. I wanted to know how easy (or not) is it to change show reservations. I booked all of our shows on the breakaway for our 6/23 cruise, but I am wondering how hard is it to change the day or the time and just go to a different show, or an earlier show than we had planned? Can we decide at the last moment if we have nothing better to do, to just go and watch a show we had reserved for later in the week? Thanks!

Hi Slice of Life! Thanks for your review. I wanted to know how easy (or not) is it to change show reservations. I booked all of our shows on the breakaway for our 6/23 cruise, but I am wondering how hard is it to change the day or the time and just go to a different show, or an earlier show than we had planned? Can we decide at the last moment if we have nothing better to do, to just go and watch a show we had reserved for later in the week? Thanks!

You can make reservation changes at the box office, I'm not sure if you can change things on your cabin TV.

It might be more difficult to change your mind at the last minute. They release all the reservations 10 minutes before the show so if the show is pretty booked up you might have trouble finding good seats and seats together.

It doesn't hurt to just try and see what happens.

So, if we want, we should just go to a show 10 minutes before to see if there is space available? It will only be me and my husband. 10 minutes before just to check if there is availability and if not, go on our merry way? Thanks for responding!

So, if we want, we should just go to a show 10 minutes before to see if there is space available? It will only be me and my husband. 10 minutes before just to check if there is availability and if not, go on our merry way? Thanks for responding!

Yup. They have a special roped off area for the standby line so you can get there a little early and get in line. 10 minutes before the start of the show they will let the standby people in if there is room.

The 7pm show appeals to those who are not night owls. I don't stay up late so I always book 7pm shows.

THANK YOU

I could not agree more! We get up so early for work and when we cruise we are sleeping by 11pm but up early. I dont like when people post threads here how 7pm shows should not be for grown ups. I dont tell them when and where to take their kids so please dont tell me I must stay up to 11pm to see Rock of Ages.

Edited by david_sobe

THANK YOU

I could not agree more! We get up so early for work and when we cruise we are sleeping by 11pm but up early. I dont like when people post threads here how 7pm shows should not be for grown ups. I dont tell them when and where to take their kids so please dont tell me I must stay up to 11pm to see Rock of Ages.

I agree 100%. I am up at 5:30am for work so I go to bed around 10pm. Even on vacation it's hard to stay up late, the latest we stayed up was for the fireworks and I was ready to pass out when we got back to our cabin!

Not all of us want to stay up and party until 2am, that's why a cruise is appealing, they have early and late shows to fit everyone's schedule.

And on another note, if you just showed Rock of Ages at 10pm, there wouldn't be enough showtimes and seating to get everyone into watch the show.

By any chance do you know how much a bucket of beer cost, if they were full size beers and how much they cost? Thanks!

I know it's buy 5 beers get one free, but I don't remember the price. Yes it is full sized beers, there is a list you can pick from so you can mix and match what goes in your bucket.

Hi

do you know how much a spa day pass cost and what it includes

Thanks

I don't remember the price, it just includes access to the spa. You can use the thermal tile loungers, salt room, therapy pool and the such. It doesn't include any treatments.

No, everything must come off. I saw people turned away because of jewelry. I think they're worried about two things, one it could get caught on something, and two you can scratch up the slides with it on.

My husband was turned away on the May 8 2-night cruise. When we did the May 26 cruise I took band-aids and he put one over his ring finger and was able to use the slides. In fact, one of the workers told him that it was a good idea.

I'm not sure if it would always work but he was able to enjoy the slides all week.