Lisbon Tours -

daddyo

We will be on the Cloud in August and will spend a day in Lisbon. I have seen several references to a specific tour guide in Lisbon. Looks like he has quite a few followers! If some one would let us know how to contact him, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Absolutely the best tour guide in Lisbon and surrounding towns is Jorge Bras. You can reach Jorge (pronounced "George"). You can put Jorge Bras in search field here on the SS board or Europe port section are read the dozens of rave reviews. He is extraordinarily knowledgeable about Lisbon history, warmly engaging--he will design a tour esp for you.

jmvbtours@gmail.com

Tel: 00351 96 936 2777

<script language="JavaScript" src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/ta.cc.com.s/forum_183;pos=x40;sz=728x90;abr=!ie;tile=2;style=183;ord=1369685722?" type="text/javascript"></script> #2 report.gif

post_old.gif July 2nd, 2007, 06:54 PM

star.gif dusababy user_online.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gifLisbon guide

Quote:

Originally Posted by oyster bay viewpost.gif

We will be leaving on July 12 for Lisbon and join the cruise on July 15 (Silver Wind). Can anyone suggest either guides or sights to not miss for: Lisbon, Vigo, St. Malo, Honfleur, Ostende and Copenhagen. We have already been to Honfleur, Mont St. Michel and Copenhagen but would like to know if you have any favorite places.

Thanks.

Holly

It may be a bit late for July 15 but I can without reservation recommend Jorge Bras in Lisbon.....jmbras@netvisao.pt......

An educator/teacher who is adding guide/driver to his resume. Was an exchange student to U.S. family in New Jersey 25 years ago, excellent English, nice Mercedes, fair price. Charming gentleman. I will use him again day before I board Whisper in September.

You won't be disappointed.

Note the date on this post -- talk about building a following !!

Dusababy

Dusababy,

Thanks for your recommendation. Hopefully, Jorge will be available. Also, we share the same TA. We had dinner with them in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. Thanks Again.

Dusababy,

Thanks for your recommendation. Hopefully, Jorge will be available. Also, we share the same TA. We had dinner with them in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. Thanks Again.

Small world isn't it -- especially the Silversea world......have a great trip and let us know how you like Jorge.

As a followup, I have already had correspondence with Jorge and it looks like we are lined up for 8/21! Thanks to all. And Dusababy; you are right, we have met some wonderful people on SS.

• 3 months later...

Note to those that gave me Jorge's name. We were in Lisbon last week. Jorge had a family emergency, but Sergio, a friend of Jorge's, was able to take us on a tour. We had a great time and this was one of the highlights of our trip.

Thanks for your help.

Archived