2hr FOODIE LUNCH TOUR with Flavors of San Juan Tour

SmileEh

I have been looking at this excursion and it seems like it would be a lot of fun but the $69.00 price tag is choking my fiance lol... I would love it if someone that has done this excursion can give me their opinions?

I have been looking at this excursion and it seems like it would be a lot of fun but the $69.00 price tag is choking my fiance lol... I would love it if someone that has done this excursion can give me their opinions?

I'm also interested in doing this tour! My last trip to OSJ was soooooooooo boring. I'm anxious to try something new. We don't dock until 3pm, so this particular tour may be out for us. I have been lead by an old hand to go to the Atlantica Restaurant for the homemade paella. It's a 45 minute wait, but worth every second. She says we can have their scratch made Mojitos while we wait!

I'm also interested in doing this tour! My last trip to OSJ was soooooooooo boring. I'm anxious to try something new. We don't dock until 3pm, so this particular tour may be out for us. I have been lead by an old hand to go to the Atlantica Restaurant for the homemade paella. It's a 45 minute wait, but worth every second. She says we can have their scratch made Mojitos while we wait!

They do have a Signature Dinner Tour for $79.00 which looks good too but we have to be back on the boat latest 3:00pm... but homemade paella and from scratch mojitos Mmmm lol... both sound great!

I'm looking forward to hearing from someone with first hand experience...

We did the dinner tour last year. I can not comment on the lunch tour but will give you my thoughts about the tour we did. Our guide, Micole, was FANTASTIC! She is very personable and well spoken. DH referred to the tour as a history tour with food. It was nice to learn more about OSJ itself.

All of the food was great. In DH's opinion, there was just not enough of it for the price. We love the mojitos at Carliis and Rosa de Triana as great we ended up going back to both places during the course of our visit. We both learned a lot and I would recommend the tour.

-Kristi

I would be interested in the lunch tour as a way of killing time and avoiding the hoards of people boarding the ship and descending on the WindJammer when we are doing our B2B next spring on turn around day. Is this a private tour? Is there a website?

I would be interested in the lunch tour as a way of killing time and avoiding the hoards of people boarding the ship and descending on the WindJammer when we are doing our B2B next spring on turn around day. Is this a private tour? Is there a website?

We did the dinner tour also, so I can't comment on the lunch tour. The dinner tour was excellent.

Here's the website:

http://www.sanjuanfoodtours.com/

We also did the dinner tour. Our guide was great and it was a walking history tour as well. We loved it. Make sure you dress in cool comfortable clothes because there is a lot of walking on the cobblestone streets and it is hot and humid!

• 1 month later...
Can anyone comment on the lunch tour? This sounds pretty awesome!

I haven't done the lunch tour, but as good as the dinner tour was, I can't imagine that it wouldn't be great also. Try going to trip advisor and reading the reviews there, that's where I found the info before booking it when we went.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived