Fort Lauderdale post-cruise hotel help

thefer

Hi

I am trying to figure out where to stay for 1 night after my cruise. I am using points so my options are endless. I checked with a shuttle service and they charge $12 from port to hotel on beach and another $12 to airport. I will not have a car but I do need to be close to everything. Here are my options. I am open to other options as well. Not sure I want to stay close to the airport as there may be less things to do. I will be off the ship around 8-10 am and won't fly out until 3 pm the following day. I am very lucky that I am traveling with a group because they got the pre-cruise hotels figured out. Now, I am left with the post-cruise because my group is flying out that day. One family is staying near the airport but they will have a car with no space, so I am pretty much on my own. Which is fine.

Hyatt House- Hyatt Place-Fort lauderdale airport and cruise port

Hyatt regency pier sixty-six

On Beach

Westin Beach Resort and Spa, Fort Lauderdale- on the beach

Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel

Hi

I am trying to figure out where to stay for 1 night after my cruise. I am using points so my options are endless. I checked with a shuttle service and they charge $12 from port to hotel on beach and another $12 to airport. I will not have a car but I do need to be close to everything. Here are my options. I am open to other options as well. Not sure I want to stay close to the airport as there may be less things to do. I will be off the ship around 8-10 am and won't fly out until 3 pm the following day. I am very lucky that I am traveling with a group because they got the pre-cruise hotels figured out. Now, I am left with the post-cruise because my group is flying out that day. One family is staying near the airport but they will have a car with no space, so I am pretty much on my own. Which is fine.

Hyatt House- Hyatt Place-Fort lauderdale airport and cruise port

Hyatt regency pier sixty-six

On Beach

Westin Beach Resort and Spa, Fort Lauderdale- on the beach

Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel

Westin for sure--great place, right on the beach.

Westin, because it is on the beach. Closer to things than the Sheraton.

Ask for a late check out when you check in. ;) They also will watch your bags while you roam/water taxi before heading to the airport if you can't check out later.

When is this?

We have the Hyatt Place booked for before & after the cruise. They have a shuttle which will be $8 for pickup or drop off at Port Everglades. They also have a free shuttle to & from Ft. Lauderdale airport.

There are many comments about all of those hotels on the board. I think, given your situation, most would stay on the beach.

A little reading here would also reveal a taxi is cheaper.

I just want to know which of the 2 hotels is closer to decent dining and stores. I had stayed at other area hotels that were miles from any place to buy a simple bottle of milk or soft drinks. We too are just staying over 1 additional night after the cruise before going to FLL early the next morning.

Hyatt Pl North is just off 17th St. which is a very busy street with loads of restaurants and stores available. About a half block oaway from Embassy Suites, which is very popular with one night stay cruisers.

It is NOT in the beach area.

The Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port located at 91 Southwest 18th Avenue. Dania Beach, Florida, USA, 33004. Its about 7 minutes away from the airport and no more than 10 minutes from Port Everglades. There is shopping across the street. We stayed at the Marriott Springhill Suites a couple years ago which is right next door. Its a good area, we liked it.

Here is the Google Map...

http://maps.google.ca/maps?gs_rn=15&gs_ri=psy-ab&suggest=p&cp=14&gs_id=ar&xhr=t&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.47244034,d.aWc&biw=1280&bih=606&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=hyatt+place+ft+lauderdale&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=hyatt+place+ft+lauderdale&hnear=hyatt+place+ft+lauderdale&cid=0,0,5094122980908601127&sa=X&ei=oX2pUcmaBOiZyAHr9oDQBQ&sqi=2&ved=0CN8BEPwSMAA

Archived