Before I Switch

camper49

Going to go ES from PG. Have never done ES. With PG i know i cancel up until final payment. Am i correct that with ES if we were to cancel before final payment we lose $50 pp and the rest of the deposit is held for a future cruise?? If you have paid more than just your deposit do you get that back??

No, they move the money and apply it to a future cruise, which you can use in 24 months. But with ES, if the price drops you benefit. On our next cruise (I mean the Elation cruise) the ES was more than the PG to book, but I will get a price drop or OBC, while my friend wont. I hope.:o

Going to go ES from PG. Have never done ES. With PG i know i cancel up until final payment. Am i correct that with ES if we were to cancel before final payment we lose $50 pp and the rest of the deposit is held for a future cruise?? If you have paid more than just your deposit do you get that back??

That is what happened to our son last year. Lost $50 pp and remainder is held for up to 2 years. Not sure about extra but I will guess that it is held for a future cruise also.

If you paid extra, over and above the deposit, it would just be refunded or any prepaid tips or other things like that.

Exactly...I had to cancel an ES booking that was fully paid and they held my deposit for future cruise credit minus the $50 pp fee. The rest of the money I paid was refunded to my Credit card within a few days. Just note...the FCC cannot be applied to a future deposit, but they do apply it to the balance of your cruise.

If you received any OBC or a 50% deposit, pay close attention when switching to PG. Make sure that applicable OBC is transferred properly. And if you only paid a 50% deposit, confirm whether that needs to be paid in full with the change. I made this change last month and was incorrectly advised by the Carnival rep that I would not need to worry about paying the full deposit -- however, I didn't believe that and sure enough it was showing up as due on my cruise manager.

Just remember, Carnival's rule is that once you're early saver, you're always early saver -- I'm not sure they're following their own rule when it comes to price drops, but even if you book using a past guest code, your deposit will still be non-refundable and you may be subject to additional $50 penalties for date, ship, or name changes ...

Archived