Booking an guarantee cabin

buckirj1

Good to know. Yes, I'm looking at a Conquest-class ship. It's just me, so it'll be fine, but those 1A's on the upper decks toward the bow are pretty small. The 1A's toward the bow on the lower decks are fine, as are the midship 1A's.

Thanks again.

...there are 1A's, and then there are 1A's...

Good to know. Yes, I'm looking at a Conquest-class ship. It's just me, so it'll be fine, but those 1A's on the upper decks toward the bow are pretty small. The 1A's toward the bow on the lower decks are fine, as are the midship 1A's.

Thanks again.

...there are 1A's, and then there are 1A's...

And you could also get upgraded to a cabin in a horrible location where the noise is so bad you can't sleep. No guarantee is worth it to us anymore after a few cruises without sleep.

I've booked guarantee cabins 4 times out of the 7 I've sailed thus far. 1 was an interior on Elation was assigned within about 10 hours to r299 located on bottom floor by the forward elevators. 2 cabins were booked OV guarantee. First was midship on the main deck of the sensation next was also midship on the upper deck of the fascination. We booked one balcony guarantee and got pretty lucky on that one. We were assigned 10249 on the Magic. Lido deck balcony. Pretty nice location!

It's a gamble when booking guaranteed. I think if I was cruising solo I would take the risk and try a guaranteed cabin again.

I'm thinking about booking one of those cheap pack-and-go rates that have the guarantee cabins. Are 1a cabins included in the inside guarantee category?

Years ago, when we first started taking cruise vacations, the cruise line we used had what they referred to as a "guaranteed Cat. 12." We booked this guarantee because we knew there were only four, Cat. 12 cabins, and we figured our chances were good that we would be upgraded, and we were. We were upgraded to an ocean view cabin that was three decks up. It worked for us. Have fun on your cruise.

• 1 month later...
Ive had some really good guarantees. I just got a 4K on Miracle to Alaska with one.

I also got Lido deck twice on conquest class cruises.

Also got some so so, nothing special, what I paid for but not bad.

I sort of figure that, at least in this particular cruise, I need a couple of beds, a working bathroom, and a place to hang my clothes. Anything else is just a bonus!

I just booked a 1A, was told I wouldn't get a cabin number till boarding, so I could possibly get an upgrade. But, during our conversation, I got a specific cabin assigned. Does that mean I'll not get an upgrade potentially?

If you got an assignment already and it shows as such on carnival.com, you probably won't be upgraded again.

Archived