Copenhagen transportation

We are arriving at Kastrup on June 29, about 7:40pm on SAS, staying at Copenhagen Marriott near the central station, and leaving on the Eurodam the next day. My question is regarding transportation. I believe we take the airport train near Terminal 3 to the central station, not the Metro. Is this correct? Can you give me an idea of the cost? We do not mind walking to the hotel from the central station. The next day I believe we will take the Metro to, I believe Freeport, Orientkaj pier. I am a bit confused where we get off the Metro, and where we will walk. There was a recent post about this, and a change because of construction. Thank you!!

Copenhagen has a metro, commuter train (S-Tog) and regular train network. Looks like you need to take the regular train to Central Station.

http://www.cph.dk/CPH/UK/MAIN/Parking+and+Transport/By+Train/

To get to Freeport Terminal from Central Station, take the S-Tog to Nordhavn station. At ground level, walk north (same direction as the train) and turn right (heading east) under the tracks. Cross the road and look for a pedestrian gate into the port. You should be able to see your ship from this point. There is a google map of the walking route at cruiseportwiki

Copenhagen has a metro, commuter train (S-Tog) and regular train network. Looks like you need to take the regular train to Central Station.

http://www.cph.dk/CPH/UK/MAIN/Parking+and+Transport/By+Train/

To get to Freeport Terminal from Central Station, take the S-Tog to Nordhavn station. At ground level, walk north (same direction as the train) and turn right (heading east) under the tracks. Cross the road and look for a pedestrian gate into the port. You should be able to see your ship from this point. There is a google map of the walking route at cruiseportwiki

We just came back from this port and the walk to the ship is about 15 minutes from the train station. You can see the ship from the station so after you've crossed the roads you have to go through a little gate with no security officer. From here the fastest way is to cut the rail track instead of following the blue line to the ship. Both ways go to the ship so follow the rail track is a bit faster but more rugged.

• 4 weeks later...

Danish Viking,

Hi. Thanks for your response. Am I correct that it's easier with luggage to get to Nordhavn from the airport by Metro + S-train rather than airport train + S-train?

Also, we will probably walk the 15 minutes, but I did want to ask if taxis were readily available at Nordhavn station, and if so, what would the cost be for a ride to our ship?

THANKS!

No its the other way around, airport train and S-train.

Normally I have not seen any taxi´s at Nordhavn but at Østerport where you change trains there should be alot of taxi´s and its not far from the pier either.

Archived