Safety bandz for kids

sunquest76

They will be 5 and 2.5 at the time of travel. Not worried about on the ship, just in port. And my kids do AI vacations all the time, so they will happily wear the bracelets. Will the bracelets provided by the ship have any identifiers? I was thinking that I would put the ship name in case they we were separated in port.

I can't even imagine how you'd get "seperated" in port! Or, anywhere!

Since you won't have cell phones to reach you, I'd just forget the whole thing. I'm not a fan of putting kid's name on them...as someone calling them by their name allows the kid to think that person is someone they may know...not a great idea.

I have a kid with special needs and have purchased the following temporary tattoos to use on our cruise (or other situations that make me nervous).

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Found-Temporary-Tattoos-Product/dp/B000UXKZ0W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370105810&sr=8-1&keywords=autism+tattoos

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Found-Temporary-Tattoos-Product/dp/B000UXKZ0W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370105810&sr=8-1&keywords=autism+tattoos

They have some specifically for autism and then others that are more generic. I got one pack of each. You can change what is written--so for the most part we'll have our cabin number (for his reference as well as ours), cell number if we're in port, and if we're issued a ship phone (as some parents of SN kids are, we'll add that info.)

Good luck--I always think it is better to be safe. Of course its unlikely you'll be seperated, but if it gives you peace of mind to prepare, so be it.

I know this doesn't pertain to the OP, but not all lines require kids to wear wristbands on board. For example, NCL only has kids wear wristbands while they are in the kids club (Jewel class, Star and Sun), while Disney doesn't have bracelets unless you sign up for their kids club. So in 4 cruises, my boys have never worn wristbands outside the kids club. This really is a cruiseline specific question.

OP, we started cruising when our boys were 5.5&3 yrs. We taught both of them our first names, as well as our cabin number and the name of the ship. God forbid we ever got separated, they would have the minimum amount of information required to get help. We also reinforced the idea that people with a ship ID are "safe" people to ask for help if they get separated from us (yes, I know this isn't perfect), or in port to find a police officer. We pointed out these people regularly throughout our time in port, as police look different in each area. I'm not comfortable posting their names where a stranger could see it and use it maliciously. However, my boys also don't have special needs and can give the information required.

• 2 weeks later...

You could also get those letter and number beads (the kind you use to make bracelets when you're ten or so - not sure if kids do that anymore, ha) and spell out anything you want and make a bracelet for a child who is past the "put everything in my mouth, choking hazard!" age. "Disney Ship Room XYZ" or whathaveyou.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw something the other day on Pinterest. Take a sharpie and write the info you want, maybe your name/boat/room or res number instead of room. Then put liquid bandage over it and it stays on, even waterproof.

I will be trying this with our when we do our cruise.

I know this doesn't pertain to the OP' date=' but not all lines require kids to wear wristbands on board. For example, NCL only has kids wear wristbands while they are in the kids club (Jewel class, Star and Sun), while Disney doesn't have bracelets unless you sign up for their kids club. So in 4 cruises, my boys have never worn wristbands outside the kids club. This really is a cruiseline specific question.[/quote']

Princess doesn't require them either.

Archived