Beaches in Puerto Vallarta

cathylene

Not too far from the cruise terminal you will find various beaches. However public beaches donot offer chairs or umbrellas.

Hotel Krystal is one of the few hotels offering facilities to cruise passengers. It used to be free upon showing your cruise cards, but some passengers say they had to pay. Kristal also has facilities on their beach.

Or you can take either a citybus or cab to old town Vallarta. You will find various restaurant like Langostines, La Palapa, Cuates y cuetes, all in the vicinity of the pier, with chairs and umbrellas on the beach. No showers, but bathroom facilities. Free when ordering drinks and/or meals.

Jr - a pv resident - has some nice maps on his website.

http://vallartainfo.com/hotelzone.html

http://vallartainfo.com/vallarta-southside-map.html

• 3 months later...
Has anyone been to a beach in Puerto Vallerta?

Not sure why you ask, but we have been to beach in Puerto Vallarta. In fact, we go to the beach nearly every day for the 2 months a year we live in PV. So now I have a question for you? Why do you ask?

Hank:):)

Not sure why you ask, but we have been to beach in Puerto Vallarta. In fact, we go to the beach nearly every day for the 2 months a year we live in PV. So now I have a question for you? Why do you ask?

Hank:):)

Sorry, I was multi tasking and my brain wasn't focused. Could you please recommend a beach close to the cruise terminal, if possible? Thanks.

Sorry, I was multi tasking and my brain wasn't focused. Could you please recommend a beach close to the cruise terminal, if possible? Thanks.

I can identify with not being focused (story of my life). Probably the best option for cruise ship passengers is to go to the Krystal Hotel/Resort which is about a 15 min walk from the port. You would walk out of the port to the busy street (you will see Sams and Walmart across the street) and turn right and start walking until you see the Krystal Hotel. They used to welcome cruisers (they hope you will buy lunch and drinks) but we have heard some rumors that they might now charge a small daily fee. Technically, the beach is public but you might now have to pay something to use their chairs and/or pool. If you wanted a taxi (a very short haul) you can find taxis outside the port (yellow taxis) and they probably would charge no more than 40 Pesos for the short ride. If you happen to walk over to Walmart (for some strange reason many cruise passengers want to go to Walmart) there are always taxis right outside the store.

Hank

Archived