Victoria w/Princess 7 PM -11:59 PM, Why so late and such a short duration?

swdke

I've been looking at some inside passage cruises with Princess and was glad to see that Victoria is one of the ports to visit. But then I noticed the port time is only from 7 pm -11:59 pm, 4 hrs. that's all, and do late. Why? Victoria is a beautiful city, but what is there to do in the late evening. Plus, dinner and ship's entertainment would be missed if we did go to port. I just don't understand with such a short stop and so late in the evening, why does the ship bother to even stop? What am I missing?

Why?...Plus, dinner and ship's entertainment would be missed if we did go to port.

The "why" was answered above. I would add that the shorter the stop, the more chance of passengers spending money on board rather than in port.

Also, with all due respect, missing the ship's entertainment for me is a no brainer. That happens to me regularly in ports like Skagway where the port time is usually until 8-9pm.

All you have to do is notify the ship in advance that you're planning to disembark in Victoria. Then find a hotel, take your luggage, spend as long as you want in the city, and take the Victoria Clipper back to Seattle.

Last year on the Star Princess, there really wasn't much entertainment to miss....

We had late dining and went to dinner (opted to not get off), the dining room was empty. A lot of people I guess at at the buffet or planned to eat in town.

The stop is just to meet the requirements of the US Passenger Vessel Services Act. The reason for the late arrival is just the travel distance from your last port of call in Alaska. A nice way to spend a couple of evening hours in Victoria is to take a horse drawn carriage ride.

www.victoriacarriage.com/

http://www.tallyhotours.com/

Archived