Labadee - no cabana - no problems May 2013

tgnorton

Just off Oasis June 1. Went to Labadee May 27. After reading reviews, was nervous that we needed a cabana to enjoy the day. If this is your concern, do not worry. We didn't have one and really enjoyed our day to the fullest! Plenty of chairs and shade to enjoy!

3 in our party (2 adults and 17 y/o son). Had a nice bfast on board and then took our time going off ship around 10:30 am or so. Had planned to sign up for jet skis but it was a tour and not allowed just to roam around, so decided to skip that.

Had done my research and found that Nellie's Beach would be a good fit for us. It was perfect! Took the shuttle to Nellie's Beach. The beach guys set us up with 3 chairs in the shade. We rented 1 float for $12 (charged to sea pass card). There was a bar there and believe son and husband used their soda pkg glasses to get soda (but can't remember now). Floated out in the beautiful water for around 3 hours. Bathrooms were close and clean. Beach was so soft sand (not rocky) and quiet (no jumpy toys and no big waves) - just what we were looking for! I had brought a bottled water with me from the ship and was glad. It was $5 for a bottle of water on the island.

My sisters and their families were at Adrenaline beach and they said beach was rocky and waves were big. Not what they wanted, but they still had a good time.

I did not feel like I was missing anything by not having a cabana.

Note - we didn't eat at the buffet because we just spent all our time playing and floating. We thought we might go to the buffet on our way out but there was a long line, so we just ended up eating on board at Park Café, which was awesome!

Note 2 - try to bring everything you think you will need with you. We forgot to bring a mask for my son and I spent 30 minutes waiting in line at the 1 and only shop on the island. very, very, very slow customer service (at least 30 minutes wait to check out).

All in All - Perfect DAY at Labadee!

Thank you for a very nice review.

In July we will just be hanging out at the beach not in a cabana. We will jet ski, swim, eat, float, beach volleyball, attack the vendors and snorkel.

We usually do not get a cabana because we would never be in it.

Our friends on the other hand always get one and enjoy a relaxing, lazy day.....to each their own.

Sea Ya

Our last 2 trips to Labadee we had an over the water Cabanna (barefoot beach)

This upcoming trip we have decided not to get a Cabanna of any type....when you invest the $$ you feel obligated to stay with it all day locking you out of seeing and experiencing everything else Labadee has to offer....

We will start the day with chairs at Barefoot beach, and after lunch go out and do other things...perhaps zip line, dragon coaster, jet skis, etc.

This is our 4 th trip to Labadee and were dissapointed the last 2 that we did not get out and explore more....because of the Cabanna, as nice as it is.

The whole area is beach. There are Barefoot Beach, Nellie's Beach, Columbus Cove, and one other named beach that escapes me right now that faces the rough water and has large rocks along the coast. Actually, it is all beach all the way around. The water is accessible in almost any area on the private RCCI area.

Archived