Cabin # not showing when I print luggage tags

Hello. I just printed luggage tags for our upcoming cruise (13 days). When I selected to print them it shows the deck & cabin number. However, when I printed them it doesn't have that information. I've tried twice and both times it just printed "Carnival Dream, the booking #, sailing date and a place to write our names." Is this normal? Should I just write our cabin number on there? Thanks for your help, you guys have been a wealth of information!

Hello. I just printed luggage tags for our upcoming cruise (13 days). When I selected to print them it shows the deck & cabin number. However, when I printed them it doesn't have that information. I've tried twice and both times it just printed "Carnival Dream, the booking #, sailing date and a place to write our names." Is this normal? Should I just write our cabin number on there? Thanks for your help, you guys have been a wealth of information!

The cabin number is white within the colored block, and there are no borders around it, so if you're not printing in color that whole area may just be low contrast or white, depending on the printer you use and on the area of the ship your cabin is in.

ADDED: Firefly, on every one of my luggage tags, the booking number, ship, and sailing date are printed in black up near the 3rd fold. (Center of the page before folding) ...and yes, I'm OCD enough to keep .pdf copies of all of them... ;)

When I printed mine yesterday, the same thing happened.

I just tried again, and when it opened in an internet page, there was a blurb at the top of the page that said it may not be displayed correctly, and do I want to open in another program. Since the information was still not showing on the tag, I said "yes", and opened it in Adobe Reader. Everything showed perfectly in that view, and printed with no problem.

Hope this helps!

A suggestion for everyone when you print out cruise documents:

You receive them from Carnival as (a) .pdf file(s) depending on how you request them. Save the files to your computer, then print them out locally instead of online. You'll have to change the filename when you save it, because they all come in as "PRINT DOCS.pdf" regardless of whether you request them all-in-one or separately.

The luggage tags should not show your booking #.. are you sure you are looking at the luggage tags?

Mine have alway shown my booking # and my upcoming cruise is no different.

Ok...the color ink thing seemed to be the problem :o. Everything printed out fine when I put a new color ink cartridge in. It did include my booking number as well. Thanks!

Another way to resolve would be to print in "black ink only" under the preferences for your particular printer.

Kind of defeats the purpose of having those funky coloured tags, but it does work, and you are not required to print them in colour.

Glad you got it resolved and were able to print in colour.

Have a great cruise !:D

ADDED: Firefly, on every one of my luggage tags, the booking number, ship, and sailing date are printed in black up near the 3rd fold. (Center of the page before folding) ...and yes, I'm OCD enough to keep .pdf copies of all of them... ;)

Me too!!! Glad to know I'm not the only one:D

Archived