Any new Coral Princess reviews???

Princesshhi

We just booked the Coral Princess for November 2005. I haven't seen any new reviews in a while. Would like to hear from all recent Coral Princess cruisers. We have sailed on the Sea Princess a few years ago and loved it. We did not like the Grand or the Golden. We also liked Royal Caribbean's Voyager class ships (we've sailed the Voyager, Exployer and Mariner) and loved them. The ship is more important to us than the ports, although I am very excited to sail through the locks. There are a lot of things we like better on Princess like the food, PC dining, laundry room, Lotus Spa bath products,and a few other things. We however, to do not like the exposed decks (found out the hard way the the Golden). We booked a mini-suite with a covered deck.

I would love to hear more about the ship. Any recent cruisers out there?

Also going on the Coral in Nov. I have been all over this board reading posts about the Coral and everything I have read is positive...everyone who has posted says great things about the Coral....beautiful ship, great crew, just the right size, etc. I am excited about getting aboard.

If you do a search and put in Coral Princess reviews all sorts of reviews come up and there have a few recent ones. Just go to the top of this page right above the blue ones and to the right. You will see search. Hope this helps.

marilyn

WE just got off the Coral and it is a very nice ship. Got to meet some of the cruise critic friends. The only problem was the shower on this ship was smaller than any ship we have been on. We had some rain and it was cool but still got out and had fun. Husband did the sea plane ride and enjoyed it very much and our group did the train ride in Skagway and It was great. We were able to get with in a 1/4 mile of the glaicers and they said we were the first to get that close and It felt almost like you could reach out and touch. I wish I new how to post the pictures because the glaciers were beautiful. The crew on the ship were all very nice. Behind our Hotel In Anchorage we got to see them fish for Salmon and that was something to see. I am sure the rest have a lot to say when they rest up.

BJNO

We sailed to Alaska on the Coral May 21-28 - never saw a drop of rain and the weather was wonderful. As far as the ship, we had no complaints - it was beautiful, the employees were very helpful, the food was bountiful and good for the most part. We used the open dining and ate with a different group each evening. It was fun visiting with others from different parts of the states. We booked our tours before leaving for Alaska which was very helpful. The shower in the bathroom is extremely small - if you drop your bar of soap, you are in trouble! There is plenty of storage, and put your luggage under your beds to give you more room. Try not to take a purse on your tours as it can become very burdensome...the balcony on the Baja level was perfect, especially for viewing the glaciers. The only problem really was the disembarking - it took a very long time and we were one of the first to get off as we had an earlier flight to catch. It seemed unorganized, but others have felt differently about the process. You CONSTANTLY need your cruise card so don't ever forget it or you'll be up the creek. The best trip was the train ride in Skagway - ID or passport is needed when you get into British Colombia. The trip is about 3 hours long and worth the $$. DH and I also took the float plane in Juneau which was enjoyed - the grilled salmon was out of this world! We wore jeans, jog suits, windbreakers and sweater sets are great for the girls. Different clothes are required for the boat than on tours as the boat temperature is just normal - and was comfortable. It was really a beautiful trip of a lifetime. We would sail on the Coral again. Oh, the entertainment on the ship was nice, too - and we played Bingo a couple of times. There was always something to occupy your time, even if you never got off the boat!

Archived