Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

This is what i was trying to point out. See area enclosed in square to the right. Sorry for the small images.

[ATTACH]294626[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]294627[/ATTACH]

Sounds right.

BTW, I tweeted Royal Caribbean PR today. Reminded them that we haven't seen a nice picture like October 18th's tweeted Two70 image in a while. I mean seriously; they should be feeding us those regularly. :rolleyes:

Sounds right.

BTW, I tweeted Royal Caribbean PR today. Reminded them that we haven't seen a nice picture like October 18th's tweeted Two70 image in a while. I mean seriously; they should be feeding us those regularly. :rolleyes:

Hopefully they will respond to your tweet with something positive and good pictures.

I think we had more info during the same build stage of Oasis than we currently have on Quantum.

I assume that Anthem's Hull cannot be built to its full length before being floated out

and returned to the back of the shed . ???

In that case Quantum will be poking out of the shed ,when she is returned to the front

but by then it will be summer again . ???

The dock in Hall 6 is 500m (1640 feet) long and can accommodate ~1.5 Quantum class sized ship. A Quantum class ship is 347.78m (1141 feet) long.

I believe that they will float out the Anthem, in whatever state she is in (and sealed), to allow the float out of the Quantum. They will then float the Anthem back in. Quantum will be docked outside for some more work and then sent on its merry way down the Ems.

Wish there was a more interesting update, but ...

Wärtsilä has secured a deal to supply Wärtsilä Hamworthy hybrid scrubber systems for two new class Royal Caribbean International cruisers being built by Meyer Werft.

http://www.motorship.com/news101/industry-news/wartsila-scrubber-deal-with-meyer-werft

carousel.jpg

Edit - Well actually, there's also this:

On September 6, 2014, the sixth edition of the open air festivals at Meyer Werft Papenburg will take place with bands Sunrise Avenue, the BossHoss, bosses and Gunslinger on the NDR 2 stage against the imposing backdrop of the luxury liner "Quantum Of The Seas". Holger Ponik and Jens Mahrhold will moderate. You can secure the tickets from 25 euros plus applicable fees in advance.

If I am free that day, I'll head over there. Sounds like fun. :)

Actually, what we can get from this is that the Quantum of the Seas will have been floated out and will be outside the hall by that day?!!

Edited by Lloyd555

Wärtsilä has secured a deal to supply Wärtsilä Hamworthy hybrid scrubber systems for two new class Royal Caribbean International cruisers being built by Meyer Werft.

http://www.motorship.com/news101/industry-news/wartsila-scrubber-deal-with-meyer-werft

carousel.jpg

On September 6, 2014, the sixth edition of the open air festivals at Meyer Werft Papenburg will take place with bands Sunrise Avenue, the BossHoss, bosses and Gunslinger on the NDR 2 stage against the imposing backdrop of the luxury liner "Quantum Of The Seas". Holger Ponik and Jens Mahrhold will moderate. You can secure the tickets from 25 euros plus applicable fees in advance.

Actually, what we can get from this is that the Quantum of the Seas will have been floated out and will be outside the hall by that day?!!

Thanks for sharing these details. With that date scheduled seems that Quanum will be completed in record time. Maybe RCCL will send us some tickets for the open air concert! LOL! If they have one ticket to give I nominate you.

carousel.jpg

Oh ya me too - if there's tickets I'll try to go!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

...Actually, what we can get from this is that the Quantum of the Seas will have been floated out and will be outside the hall by that day?!!

Seems like it. When I did the math on the construction I was estimating a float out on 8/30/14 and a conveyance on 9/12/14 so that falls right in the middle of when I was estimating her to be sitting outside in the shipyard.

Liking this image of Two70 on the 5+design website. Just wish it was bigger. So small...like the Quantum of the Seas in a certain webcam image.:D

img84.jpg

By the way, shouldn't the Royal Caribbean website have page showing images of the Quantum of the Seas build by now?

Edited by Lloyd555

I found this on the 5+ Designs image gallery. I'm not sure if this is a Quantum photo, or when it was taken, but here's the image and the URL to the image:

http://www.5plusdesign.com/projects/gallery/?p=0208

It does look like the Quantum of the Seas. I almost posted this as well a while back. We'll have to keep an eye out for a similar photo.

I emailed Royal too asking if and when they were going to get some pictures of the build up or create a website for it like they've done in the past. I also noticed that they took the existing Quantum link down now too. So maybe.......

I emailed Royal too asking if and when they were going to get some pictures of the build up or create a website for it like they've done in the past. I also noticed that they took the existing Quantum link down now too. So maybe.......

I tweeted Royal Caribbean PR inquiring about another great photo like those of Two70 that they tweeted back in the fall. There's also Facebook, Adam Goldstein's blog, etc. Ha! Remember when you had to write a letter to get in touch!

I like this rendering. You can get a feel for the restaurant area up in the back of 270.

img2.jpg

5+design has designed Two70°, a unique multifunctional indoor entertainment space in the form of a glass-enclosed great room with elliptically terraced seating, a restaurant, a bar and a library. By day, the three-deck-tall room at the rear of the ship will serve as a gathering spot where guests can enjoy meals, games, reading and lounging while surrounded by a 270-degree view of the water outside the window walls. By night, the room will morph into an exciting venue for parties, dancing and performances featuring actors, musicians or aerialists

Eric

Edited by Pomperaugrr

I found this on the 5+ Designs image gallery. I'm not sure if this is a Quantum photo, or when it was taken, but here's the image and the URL to the image:

http://www.5plusdesign.com/projects/gallery/?p=0208

I think this picture is a Solstice Class ship as Joysav also noted. Look at the profile in the picture here which is from the Meyer Werft main Shipyard page.

Mitarbeiter_W466.jpg

I really hope they read your email and start showing/posting more pictures. This is nothing like the Oasis reveal.

I think this picture is a Solstice Class ship as Joysav also noted. Look at the profile in the picture here which is from the Meyer Werft main Shipyard page.

Mitarbeiter_W466.jpg

Plus the Disney Wonder is shown to the right of the Celebrity build.

Eric

Plus the Disney Wonder is shown to the right of the Celebrity build.

Eric

Here is the picture posted by Overtyme earlier today in which he said he was not sure if its Quantum. So some of us thought its a Solstice class ship and not Quantum

img13b.jpg

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

If it's the Solstice, it's facing in the opposite direction than the Quantum of the Sea.

29533.jpg

I think we're hoping for images like this:

Oasis of the Seas - Logbook (Part 1)

Edited by Lloyd555