Cruise Critic Community
Pomperaugrr

Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Morning!

Royal recently posted this video of

- you can see clearly that the roof of Two70 has once again been painted back to white ... very strange!

I agree with Derick. I think the gray was a primer coat as it looked like primer to me too. Maybe they forgot to prime it the first time and since water may sit there awile it needs primer. I am grasping at straws here....can you tell? Lol

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I agree with Derick. I think the gray was a primer coat as it looked like primer to me too. Maybe they forgot to prime it the first time and since water may sit there awile it needs primer. I am grasping at straws here....can you tell? Lol

Denise

I agree. I visited the suites when Quantum was in Southampton in Oct and it looked like a primer (as much as I know what one looks like!). At least it's all back to being white now :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Denise

My guess is that the dark grey was an antiskid coating (sort of like a coarse sandpaper!) to make it less dangerous and slippery (since it is a sloping surface) for any crew members going out there for maintenance purposes.

Well, someone else got out to the area above the bridge wing...

gallery-701-image-8421.jpg

Photo from www.jaunted.com

We just did the 3 night and there was a spot to swipe to get on the wings. I didn't realize it at first but someone else pointed it out. It was actually on the side wall, easily missed.

We just did the 3 night and there was a spot to swipe to get on the wings. I didn't realize it at first but someone else pointed it out. It was actually on the side wall, easily missed.

So are you saying that there is an electronic key card reader for the door to the wings, and your room key card or wristband unlock the door?

So are you saying that there is an electronic key card reader for the door to the wings, and your room key card or wristband unlock the door?

No key card required. It's a large lit up button that you activate with your hand.

c79f48354afc760494e8485251811262.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

That button may or may not be active at all times - it certainly wasn't when I tried it during the TA.

That button may or may not be active at all times - it certainly wasn't when I tried it during the TA.

Yes, I know. I tried it a few times as well. I managed to get onto the port side wing only because there were people already out there who opened the door for me. Me thinks there was a glitch. I posted some photos ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44716495&postcount=4467

Notice that someone had attached a rope to the door handle.

Edited by Lloyd555

Yes, I know. I tried it a few times as well. I managed to get onto the port side wing only because there were people already out there who opened the door for me. Me thinks there was a glitch. I posted some photos ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44716495&postcount=4467

Notice that someone had attached a rope to the door handle.

Is it possible that they deactivate it when it's particularly windy and they don't want people out there? I'm very familiar with those buttons -- they're all over Norwegian Breakaway (which as we all know was built at the same yard right before the Q Class, perhaps the same supplier).

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Dave85

Does anyone know why this was done?

Got a response back from the graphics company when I told them about the paint-over:

... thanks for the update. unfortunately there were some issues with the Two70 roof top and our graphics needed to be painted over to remedy.

Renos have already begun on the ship in preparation for China.

Gift shop and "Duty Free Alcohol" shop are behind the barricade.

2000a1a5ed27341793bdad56e9450658.jpg

52b37c174a4c3a0d05dac99a3c7b2923.jpg

Photos by Helen Casson on Facebook

Visitors to Meyer Werft get a great view of the Ovation's Two70 construction.

Unlike her sister ships, the aft end of the ship is closer to the visitor center window. It is also facing the shipyard's Hall 6 exit (meaning that she will be towed out backward on float out day).

2ef94ee19af155cf7771bcccb9911884.jpg

Hey guys is there any other forums like this on this website? :)

Yes, since this thread, Lloyd has done a great job with info on every new ship. Do a search for the others (Anthem, Ovation, Harmony and Oasis 4).

Hey guys is there any other forums like this on this website? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

wow this is a random return of a post from the depths :confused:

wow this is a random return of a post from the depths :confused:

Legit question, we've had much more questionable return of older threads.