Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

It's only on loan in the winter months!

Considering the big launch event they did to base it UK just one Summer would be very odd, especially as you're stealing Independence of the Seas!!!

I also think she will be back in the UK. My only caution would be to be mindful of what could happen in light of as you put it "the big launch event they did". They did the same thing here in NY and we now know what happened. I sincerely hope you guys get her back as was originally promised.

If Bermuda is ready for Summer 2016 (as I would expect them to be) I think Anthem will be NYC's permanent ship. No reason to send her back to the UK and send Quantum 3 over to take her place. With Quantum 3 coming early summer 2016 or even as soon as late spring 2016 she can go right from Germany to Southampton to enter service and become the UK's new ship for summers (and perhaps year round at some point).

If Bermuda is ready for Summer 2016 (as I would expect them to be) I think Anthem will be NYC's permanent ship. No reason to send her back to the UK and send Quantum 3 over to take her place. With Quantum 3 coming early summer 2016 or even as soon as late spring 2016 she can go right from Germany to Southampton to enter service and become the UK's new ship for summers (and perhaps year round at some point).

On the one hand the logistics of the moves you mention could make sense, but does RCI want another deployment mess like what just happened. They promised NJ a new ship, Quantun OTS full time year round that did not happen. They have promised UK cruisers Anthem OTS part time, they should honor that and avoid another period of bad press, angry and disappointed loyal cruisers. So that would mean the new Quantum 3 should be deployed to NJ based on original plan.

Question: in the forward facing cabin windows, do they directly face outside or to a walkway? I have one one on deck 10 and never booked this type of cabin before.

I love the photos and keep checking back for updates... Thanks so much. Never followed a ship build before.

They face outside.

I just wanted to share something forwarded to me; the Getaway float out at Meyer Werft as seen from the visitor center.

Once again, Quantum of the Seas blocks in the foreground. :D

Hope everybody is having a good weekend!

ViewfromvisitorcenterwhenGetawayfloatedout_0_zpse267c837.jpg

ViewfromvisitorcenterwhenGetawayfloatedout_zps730ed867.jpg

ViewfromvisitorcenterwhenGetawayfloatedout_2_zpsd4a9442f.jpg

Wow. Thanks Lloyd and everyone contributing photos to this thread! I was away for a week and am trying to catch up on all of the developments, including Quantum going to China. :(

So much to see and read about. Lloyd, you're the best! Thanks for your diligence in tracking down and postingthe great photos.

Eric

Wow. Thanks Lloyd and everyone contributing photos to this thread! I was away for a week and am trying to catch up on all of the developments, including Quantum going to China. :(

So much to see and read about. Lloyd, you're the best! Thanks for your diligence in tracking down and postingthe great photos.

Eric

Hope everybody is enjoying posting in and reading this thread!

The diligence is necessary. Helps me track down minions who are goofing off at work! ;)

MinioninMWbasinwithQuantumEaster_zps3161fc05.png

tls1012: Chocolate or vanilla?!

Photos from some time this weekend and Monday. Again Quantum of the Seas hasn’t changed much...

April20orabitearliervisittoMW_0_zps15567ef7.jpg

April20orabitearliervisittoMW_1_zpsd8cab3ba.jpg

April21visittoMW_3_zpseb28da9c.jpg

April20orabitearliervisittoMW_3_zps977e780d.jpg

... but another keel block up to deck 5 added in front of the build that we saw in previous photos. Didn’t realise that they’d be making it so huge before being floated out. Can’t wait to see how big it will be in May when it’s pulled out to be replaced by a new Anthem of the Seas build.

April21visittoMW_4_zps96feb3e9.jpg

May as well show off the outside of this impressive building...

April21visittoMW_1_zps605b2d4f.jpg

Photos by more lucky visitors. Got to get me a plane ticket to Papenburg! Well, one would have to first fly to Groningen Airport Eelde in Groningen, Netherlands about 82 km from Papenburg, or Bremen Airport in Bremen, Germany, about 93 km from Papenburg. Then maybe a nice bus or train ride to Meyer Werft.

Edited by Lloyd555

tls1012: Chocolate or vanilla?!

Photos by more lucky visitors. Got to get me a plane ticket to Papenburg! Well, one would have to first fly to Groningen Airport Eelde in Groningen, Netherlands about 82 km from Papenburg, or Bremen Airport in Bremen, Germany, about 93 km from Papenburg. Then maybe a nice bus or train ride to Meyer Werft.

I make some seriously awesome flavors other than chocolate or vanilla. I could make you a Fuzzy Navel one or maybe Snickers, orange creamsicle...:D I rarely get orders for just plain flavors. Lloyd, I even make a buffalo chicken and bleu cheese cupcake..LOL So whatever you would want.

That's a nice view.

2014_04_22_H6_W466.jpg

She goes on for miles....

Great pic!

Thanks Lloyd!

I hope that Anthem stays in NJ at least through Summer of 2016 so that I can go on her.

There's all sorts of speculation supporting both theories that she may go elsewhere or that she may stay in NJ.

If she goes, and I have to travel, I may check out Oasis III, depending where she home ports from (my guess is that it won't be Florida, given the two other Oasis Class ships leaving from there). I guess it's possible that they roll out the new dining on the new Oasis class ship :-)

April21visittoMW_3_zpseb28da9c.jpg

Great pictures! Could that on the bottom be a part of the 'NorthStar'?

May as well show off the outside of this impressive building...

That's only the old one (hall 5) which is still very big but not as big as hall 6. It is :eek: big ;)

Hi Lloyd,:)

Thank You! Thank You! for all your time and effort.

I've never followed a ship build before and you have made it so interesting.

As much as i am sad with the news Q to China i am very excited to be able to sail on her.

So thank you again for all your wonderful pics and keeping us up to date.

Liz:)

Great pictures! Could that on the bottom be a part of the 'NorthStar'?

That's only the old one (hall 5) which is still very big but not as big as hall 6. It is :eek: big ;)

Bottom part of North Star?! Certainly not the pod. Maybe something to catch any hats or sunglasses that fall off peoples' heads! ;)

Oops. Not Hall 6, huh! Easy to make the mistake since, as you say, it's huge too. Thanks.

Sent from Lloyd's mobile phone

Edited by Lloyd555

I tried to see if we could get a better view of that trellis looking thing on deck 5 but yet again, those cranes are blocking the view. Still a great picture of her though.

Ya. I'm thinking that the delay in posting the webcam image is due to moving the cranes in the way!! :mad:

I make some seriously awesome flavors other than chocolate or vanilla. I could make you a Fuzzy Navel one or maybe Snickers, orange creamsicle...:D I rarely get orders for just plain flavors. Lloyd, I even make a buffalo chicken and bleu cheese cupcake..LOL So whatever you would want.

Thanks! They all sound great! Of course, now I am hungry!!! Got to go down to the Green Rebel in my building to get a brownie (made with avocado). Yummers!!

Bottom part of North Star?! Certainly not the pod. Maybe something to catch any hats or sunglasses that fall off peoples' heads! ;)

I thought it could be a part of the round cabin of the North Star. But I am not sure since it doesn't match with the renderings.

I wonder if they will have Segway's for the passengers to get from one end to the other??? Or golf carts.

Lloyd, you are da-bomb with all these pics.

Great pics Lloyd. Maybe they can use the bumper cars. Multitasking, you know everyone/ everything on a cruiseship has more than 1 job. On second thought, maybe not a good idea. LOL

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I thought it could be a part of the round cabin of the North Star. But I am not sure since it doesn't match with the renderings.

I have a feeling that the North Star pod will be delivered as a solid sphere on a truck and installed with the crane outside the building hall. This looks more like a canopy structure for over a hot tub.

I have a feeling that the North Star pod will be delivered as a solid sphere on a truck and installed with the crane outside the building hall. This looks more like a canopy structure for over a hot tub.

That sounds more like it.

Speaking of rides, I tweeted Royal Caribbean PR for a follow-up to the tweet/photo of the RipCord foundation. I've been expecting an update - that first photo just screamed 'RipCord build - Part 2'. :rolleyes:

That sounds more like it.

Speaking of rides, I tweeted Royal Caribbean PR for a follow-up to the tweet/photo of the RipCord foundation. I've been expecting an update - that first photo just screamed 'RipCord build - Part 2'. :rolleyes:

We saw them testing the robots for TWO70º in a warehouse. Maybe they have RipCord setup somewhere to "test" as well.