Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

The company that does the RipCord is building two sites in the Chicago area. I drive by one of them on the way to work http://dhbusinessledger.com/Content/Suburban-Trends-and-Issues/Suburban--Trends-and-Issues/Article/iFly-facilities-nearing-completion-in-Rosemont--Naperville/87/172/11427

and have been watching the construction day-by-day. It has been interesting to note that the (huge) duct structure built into the building frame matches exactly to the rendering of the RipCord on Quantum. There is no signage on the construction site and I didn't know what the building was until the duct structure was partially in place and I recognized the match to the Quantum renderings. Strange coincidence.

The company that does the RipCord is building two sites in the Chicago area. I drive by one of them on the way to work http://dhbusinessledger.com/Content/Suburban-Trends-and-Issues/Suburban--Trends-and-Issues/Article/iFly-facilities-nearing-completion-in-Rosemont--Naperville/87/172/11427

and have been watching the construction day-by-day. It has been interesting to note that the (huge) duct structure built into the building frame matches exactly to the rendering of the RipCord on Quantum. There is no signage on the construction site and I didn't know what the building was until the duct structure was partially in place and I recognized the match to the Quantum renderings. Strange coincidence.

You have reminded me about a photo posted a long time ago in another Quantum thread about the RipCord from Wilson Butler website!

WilsonButlerArchitects_zps6e158f9e.jpg

Quantum looks the same yata yata...

April23visittoMWmaybe_1_zps50f2b4ac.jpg

Another view of the Anthem keel block that appeared in the previous post yata yata ...

April23visittoMWmaybe_2_zps934b0c5e.jpg

Ah, but she's taller now! Up to deck 14...

April23visittoMWmaybe_3_zps016cb0cb.jpg

If we're trying to figure out what part of the ship this is, there appears to be those huge 'pipes' that lead to the smoke stacks. I think that the block in the foreground goes where they are located. Will find out in the next photo update maybe?

Photos by minions posing as visitors. Just kidin'!

Edited by Lloyd555

I am thinking that it is this area of the Anthem:

Anthemsectionunderconstruction_zpsa277e844.jpg

Did that without any help from a co-worker Pierre, Lloyd! :D

I was going to ask you how you could be certain until I saw the jog in the deck 14 glass wall at the right end of the build - the only one along the side of the ship. Plus the location of the smoke stack pipes and hump, etc. Good catch.

And it's co-worker André. :)

Deck14jog_zpsb5720355.jpg

Nice pictures, Lloyd! I've had a bit to catch up on since my computer was broken for a few days. She is looking the same but I can see Anthem growing! Maybe I should be more excited for Anthem now that I know Quantum won't be staying in New York. :(

Quantum looks the same yata yata...

April23visittoMWmaybe_1_zps50f2b4ac.jpg

Another view of the Anthem keel block that appeared in the previous post yata yata ...

April23visittoMWmaybe_2_zps934b0c5e.jpg

Ah, but she's taller now! Up to deck 14...

April23visittoMWmaybe_3_zps016cb0cb.jpg

If we're trying to figure out what part of the ship this is, there appears to be those huge 'pipes' that lead to the smoke stacks. I think that the block in the foreground goes where they are located. Will find out in the next photo update maybe?

Photos by minions posing as visitors. Just kidin'!

I think that this one goes behind that block. The bump on this one seems to go in the opposite direction as that one does.

I think that this one goes behind that block. The bump on this one seems to go in the opposite direction as that one does.

I agree. It looks like the foreground block will be lifted onto the keel block next to it, based on that jog on the side.

Eric

Edited by Pomperaugrr

Maybe you guys will be able to figure out the trellis area from the Anthem build seeing as they seem to be much closer shots?

Looks like there is a trellis on deck 5. Hopefully a new photo will (un)confirm this.

Sent from Lloyd's mobile phone

I know this is a QOS board but I see Anthem itineraries are up for NJ now.

We can say that this is a Quantum-class board. :)

I've been checking out http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42559822#post42559822

I just get a white screen for my search result. I'll check in at the other thread for updates.

Just tweeted by Royal Caribbean PR. Thought it was a photo we've seen before, but I can see the Anthem of the Seas at the other end. The sea view trellis area is looking interesting.

BmFI8LOIAAA9xj5.jpg

Edit: This is the photo I was thinking of. Ya, not the same one. There's a chunk of ship missing at the front... <blush>

d56735a8a9df4ef0fd0178aafdc6b29a.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Just tweeted by Royal Caribbean PR. Thought it was a photo we've seen before, but I can see the Anthem of the Seas at the other end.

BmFI8LOIAAA9xj5.jpg

Thanks Lloyd. There is something definitely there between the last set of Life Boats (light blue across from the rear crane). The trellis looking thing we talked about perhaps?

Just tweeted by Royal Caribbean PR. Thought it was a photo we've seen before, but I can see the Anthem of the Seas at the other end. The sea view trellis area is looking interesting.

BmFI8LOIAAA9xj5.jpg

Edit: This is the photo I was thinking of. Ya, not the same one. There's a chunk of ship missing at the front... <blush>

You can see what looks to be the outdoor windjammer seating area. And also the stands for watching the flowrider in back. Also, judging by the photo, I'd say they have installed a good amount of cabin modules in the aft end. Probably where they have removed the white plastic from the balcony railings. Makes it easy for them to spot which cabins are installed.

BmFI8LOIAAA9xj5.jpg

Thanks for this Lloyd. The outdoor Windjammer area looks a little small, I can imagine the fights for the seating already!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

From a teeny Instagram photo to a plethora of Quantum-class photos taken this week!

There are repeats, and lots of photos, so I was going to edit, but they’re just SO nice. :D

I’m starting with the Anthem of the Seas build and its blocks this time!

April232014FlickrJanvandenHeuvel_15_HALL6_zpse45b793a.jpg

April232014FlickrJanvandenHeuvel_18_HALL6_zps5acf81b0.jpg

April232014FlickrJanvandenHeuvel_5_HALL6_zpsb77e93f4.jpg

April232014FlickrJanvandenHeuvel_31_HALL6_zps8ec6e320.jpg

April232014FlickrJanvandenHeuvel_19_HALL6_zps62e3b20e.jpg

(con't)

(con't)

OK, it’s Quantum of the Seas’ turn.

April232014FlickrJanvandenHeuvel_30_HALL6_zps6d8f6b6e.jpg

April232014FlickrJanvandenHeuvel_32_HALL6_zps164f623a.jpg

Never tire of close-ups of the bridge.

April232014FlickrJanvandenHeuvel_17_HALL6_zpsb18deecd.jpg

I thought that they had emptied the basin. Looked like it in a few photos in previous postings.

April232014FlickrJanvandenHeuvel_10_HALL6_zps78945ff8.jpg

April232014FlickrJanvandenHeuvel_8_HALL6_zpsa0f808e6.jpg

April232014FlickrJanvandenHeuvel_9_HALL6_zpscaf94fac.jpg

(con't)