Should I be bummed about our room?

adira

Well, as bummed as you can be when going on a cruise, anyway!

We were originally set to sail on the Triumph THIS Saturday. That was cancelled, so we rescheduled for the Magic.

We had an interior porthole room, so they upgraded us to an OV. However, we are on the Main Deck, right under the galley! Now I keep reading about how loud it is!

I really don't want a true interior (we are actually pretty bummed we couldn't get the porthole room....we love the portholes!), and there is literally only ONE OV left on our cruise, which is right where we are, so I feel like I can't really change it at this point. Therefore, I just want to be prepared.

Should I just be ready to nap on deck a lot? Will it really be as bad as I think?

Earplugs are your friend. :)

Unfortunately, I have weird ear canals and can't ever make earplugs work (or iPod ear buds, but I got a different pair and they actually stay in!!).....I might buy a few types, just in case I can keep them from popping out!

I don't think it will be as bad as you are thinking. Just remember thousands of people travel and use those same cabins and Im sure the majority of them would say they had an awesome cruise :) I had an OV cabin on the Victory, that I now realize was under the Galley (at the time it never occurred to us to even pay attention). We loved the room, thought the OV felt spacious, and looking back we didn't even realize we were under the Galley because we didn't notice any noise. So don't be bummed, go with a great attitude and Im sure you will have an amazing time :)

You are going on a cruise, and it is going to be great! You suspect there may be a little more noise than usual, and you have plenty of time to plan for it! Pack some earplugs, perhaps an Ipod or headphones. You can bring a noise machine or even a battery operated fan for white noise.

It's going to be great! I think we sometimes stress more about what MIGHT annoy us than we would if something was just a little annoying.

You're going to have a great ocean view and being on the main deck is going to be super convenient.

Happy cruising!

You are going on a cruise, and it is going to be great! You suspect there may be a little more noise than usual, and you have plenty of time to plan for it! Pack some earplugs, perhaps an Ipod or headphones. You can bring a noise machine or even a battery operated fan for white noise.

It's going to be great! I think we sometimes stress more about what MIGHT annoy us than we would if something was just a little annoying.

You're going to have a great ocean view and being on the main deck is going to be super convenient.

Happy cruising!

We have a noise machine!!!! Awesome. I'm totally bringing that.

Cotton and duct tape. :D Just kidding, we had a location like that but really only heard a few thumps in the night.

I'm now imagining what I could make out of cotton and duct tape that would kill the noise. Hmm......

We were originally set to sail on the Triumph THIS Saturday. That was cancelled, so we rescheduled for the Magic.

We had an interior porthole room, so they upgraded us to an OV. However, we are on the Main Deck, right under the galley! Now I keep reading about how loud it is!

I really don't want a true interior (we are actually pretty bummed we couldn't get the porthole room....we love the portholes!), and there is literally only ONE OV left on our cruise, which is right where we are, so I feel like I can't really change it at this point. Therefore, I just want to be prepared.

Should I just be ready to nap on deck a lot? Will it really be as bad as I think?

My thoughts were some ear plugs too :)

I wish I had the problem you have !! Your going on vacation ;) sleep when you come home

Personally I'd move... I stayed once on the main deck under the galley and lesson learned... it will never happen again... all night long it sounded like pots and pans were being dropped on our heads... by the third sleep deprived night after numerious complaints we were told they would move us cabins... God Bless you Carnival for doing so! But I was told if the ship was full we would of had to stay in that cabin and suffer :eek:

Unfortunately, I have weird ear canals and can't ever make earplugs work (or iPod ear buds, but I got a different pair and they actually stay in!!).....I might buy a few types, just in case I can keep them from popping out!

I'm a light sleeper with tiny ears and I'm allergic to latex. Flents Quiet Please are the only ones I've managed to keep in my ears. Just make sure to roll them teeny tiny between your fingers and stick them in really far. I always used earplugs at concerts in my youth, but didn't realize until recently that I was doing it wrong for all of those years. The plugs shouldn't stick out of your ear if they are inserted properly.

They are a small investment for a good night's rest.

I'm a light sleeper with tiny ears and I'm allergic to latex. Flents Quiet Please are the only ones I've managed to keep in my ears. Just make sure to roll them teeny tiny between your fingers and stick them in really far. I always used earplugs at concerts in my youth, but didn't realize until recently that I was doing it wrong for all of those years. The plugs shouldn't stick out of your ear if they are inserted properly.

They are a small investment for a good night's rest.

Yes and make sure to hold the ear plugs in your ear until they expand

It really depends on what part of the Galley you are under. We took two Behind the Fun Tours. While touring the galley we were shown the different areas included the counter tops where the prepared dishes are placed. So maybe you will luck out and have your cabin under that part of the galley that will produce the least amount of noise.

I know I would not want to be under the area where the dish washers are loaded and the dishes washed and dried. Now hearing those heavy carts loaded with dirty dishes being rolled up to the dish washer would drive me crazy.

But here's hoping that you are in a quiet area.

Archived