Breakaway - General Questions..........

nycruise

Will be sailing this Summer and have some general questions.

Does anyone have a schedule of the days and times for the shows that have to be booked in advance?

How long are the shows?

Are these the only shows that can be booked in advance?

Rock of Ages

Burn The Floor

Cirque Dreams

Second City

I know you can book shows and specialty restaurants 45 days in advance. Do they sell out quickly or are they available a couple of weeks before sailing?

If you make a reservation for specialty dining, can you specify a request for the main dining room as opposed to the atrium.

Can you make reservations for the 3 main dining rooms for small parties and how long are the waits without reservations.

When are the fireworks set off?

On what nights is Burn The Floor performed in the Manhattan Dining Room, and is it an abbreviated version of the show?

Is there live music every night in the Manhattan Dining Room? What type of music is it and how large of a band plays.

What are the 24/7 dining venues, and how late is the Garden Buffet opened, can you get a midnight snack?

Has anyone posted the Freestyle Dailies (or whatever the daily schedule is called these days) for the Breakaway yet?

How is Harbor Nights in Bermuda, is it worth missing dinner on the ship?

What do you consider the must-sees in Bermuda?

I think that's it for now but I'm sure other questions will arise. Thanks, in advance.

If you have some time start reading this thread right here on the first page. It's great stuff.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1851007

That is a good start, and scroll through postings made in the past week. The answers to most of these questions and ones you had not thought of will be there. Then, when you have a few specific questions, ask.

Will be sailing this Summer and have some general questions.

Does anyone have a schedule of the days and times for the shows that have to be booked in advance?

The freestyle dailies I posted will give you all that scoop. Please be advised the show days can change so you won't know 100% until your 45 day window opens and shows are bookable. Even then things can change (it happened to me)

How long are the shows?

Rock of Ages was about an hour and a half, and Burn the Floor was about an hour. The dailies have the specific times but I found the shows ran longer than they said.

Are these the only shows that can be booked in advance?

Rock of Ages

Burn The Floor

Cirque Dreams

Second City

Yes along with Second City Dyfunktional Family (lunch comedy show).

I know you can book shows and specialty restaurants 45 days in advance. Do they sell out quickly or are they available a couple of weeks before sailing?

I would book shows at the 45 day mark. They only reserve 30% of spots in advance. Otherwise you have to book onboard. Restaurants are okay to book on board except Teppanyaki (it always sells out)

If you make a reservation for specialty dining, can you specify a request for the main dining room as opposed to the atrium.

I'm a bit confused by this question. Le Bistro you can sit outside in the atrium area, you can request a seat inside or outside. All the main dining rooms are inside seating.

Can you make reservations for the 3 main dining rooms for small parties and how long are the waits without reservations.

No, only large parties can make reservations. If you don't want to wait for seating get there as soon as they open.

When are the fireworks set off?

Friday at 11:15pm

On what nights is Burn The Floor performed in the Manhattan Dining Room, and is it an abbreviated version of the show?

It's an abbreviated version. I think it was only a handful of nights. Check the dailies I posted.

Is there live music every night in the Manhattan Dining Room? What type of music is it and how large of a band plays.

Yes, there is a band that plays nightly. It's a small band, maybe six piece? I never counted. I don't remember the music they played either, sorry!

What are the 24/7 dining venues, and how late is the Garden Buffet opened, can you get a midnight snack?

O'Sheehans is 24/7 along with $5 anywhere pizza. The Garden Cafe closes around 9:30 or 10 each night.

Has anyone posted the Freestyle Dailies (or whatever the daily schedule is called these days) for the Breakaway yet?

In my signature

How is Harbor Nights in Bermuda, is it worth missing dinner on the ship?

What do you consider the must-sees in Bermuda?

I think that's it for now but I'm sure other questions will arise. Thanks, in advance.

I answered some of your questions above in red.

WOW!

SliceOfLife you answered most of my questions and thanks much for the Dailies. You really did a bang up job of providing information about the Breakaway.

And thanks to everyone else for their responses.

That's what's so great about Cruise Critic, all your questions answered in a few minutes.

WOW!

SliceOfLife you answered most of my questions and thanks much for the Dailies. You really did a bang up job of providing information about the Breakaway.

And thanks to everyone else for their responses.

That's what's so great about Cruise Critic, all your questions answered in a few minutes.

Thanks! I hope you have a great cruise!

Archived