Anyone Done A Cruise Over Halloween Week

I'll be doing a med cruise over halloween this year so it should be fun to see people dressed up in costume. I won't be dressing up though! :eek:

That's a good idea about bringing candy for the kids. I may do that.

Are there any special events, costume parties, ship decorated etc... for this trip?

We did a transatlantic that started the day before Halloween. Many people wore costumes on Halloween. Even some of the crew participated. The Promenade was decorated with a Halloween theme.

One of the best nights of the cruise. On our cruise it seemed like over half the ship was dressed up. They also gave out awards for different categories. Make sure you have your camera, you will not believe how some of these folks dress up.

We went last year on the Oasis for Halloween and we had a ball. We had so much fun that we are going on the Allure this year for Halloween. They decorated the royal promenade, had a costume parade and like the last post said the passengers went all out. We wore costumes and participated in the parade. They also had a haunted house that was fantastic. Everything was boo-tiful. Enjoy.

We have cruised at Halloween for the last 3 years on the Explorer also and i bring candy for the kids.

I agree - what a great idea! I'll have to make sure to bring candy too :)

They also had a haunted house that was fantastic.

Oooh!

Now I'm really eager for October. I guess I better stir up our roll call thread to get more people planning costumes.

Judy

I was on the Freedom about 2 years ago during Halloween.

They had a halloween parade for this guests that dressed up. We didn't, but we really enjoyed some of the costumes of other guests.

I don't remember any decorations or drawn attention to Halloween other than the announcement in the compass.

I'll be doing a med cruise over halloween this year so it should be fun to see people dressed up in costume. I won't be dressing up though! :eek:

That's a good idea about bringing candy for the kids. I may do that.

You'll need to bring a lot of candy....it's a British school holiday. We sailed on the AOS out of Malaga last Halloween....never seen so many kids!

One of the biggest highlights of our annual repositioning cruises out of Boston over Halloween has been the Halloween theme decorated ship and the various Halloween based activities onboard, including a parade of costumed passengers, haunted house etc. Jewel, for the past several years has made this holiday an especially enjoyable one and I expect that Brilliance will continue this tradition when it repositions to Tampa this October. Last year Halloween coincided with formal night and the suggested dress code was either formal wear or costumes. Probably as many guests dressed in costume as in formal attire.:)

We took the Halloween cruise on Explorer last year. It was exciting... The first two days we sailed through Hurricane Sandy (Captain told us 40 foot waves & 160 knot peak winds)... :eek: But after we got to Bermuda, we had beautiful weather and celebrated Halloween there. We enjoyed it so much, we booked Explorer again for Halloween this year.

I posted some of the Halloween photos I took on the Meet & Mingle thread for this upcoming cruise. A few people did get dressed up in 'risqué' costume. I included one of them.... :)

Here is the first batch of photos...

Here is the second batch of photos...

Archived