Coach transfers to/from southampton

MULDOAN

just came of a cruise on the OCEANA and learned that the coach company which we regularly travel on will no longer be the preferred company by some of the cruise lines and that a new company is being started to convey passengers, from what i gathered this new concern does not have any coaches of its own but will sub contract to various firms.

i am a bit concerned as i am of the opinion this will be an inferior service than the one at present used and that the passengers will be the losers

in the long run.

the service at present is excellent so why change it .

cheeseparing no doubt.

i for one know which company i would prefer to use ,dont try to re invent the wheel carnival.

You've obviously just travelled on an Eavesway coach and we think they're great too. There's been a few threads about the replacement service being provided by Intercruise and little of a positive nature has been said. It seems like a good option is take the onboard credit and book your own ticket with Eavesway. I believe they're charging half-price next year and I suppose they've otherwise got too expensive for Carnival.

We are waiting for a getaway deal next year and on our preferred date there are 2 P&O ships and a princess ship. Eavesway will be covering all of these if we book direct so will definitely go with them. A few concerns about the ship not waiting if the coach is delayed but chances are if due to roadworks the inter cruises coach will be late as well. Pure greed on behalf of P&O and another example of not putting the customer first.

All free coaches that are included with P&O cruises are going to use Intercruise coaches from 2014 which are going to include all the safeguards that Eavesway had. After talking with head office at Eaveseway it seems apparent that not all these safeguards are now going to exist now that they will not be the official cruise company's coach line.

As with many people i have travelled with Eavesway on numerious times and been very impressed but obviously greed as dictated who will be used next year by P&O.

All free coaches that are included with P&O cruises are going to use Intercruise coaches from 2014 which are going to include all the safeguards that Eavesway had. After talking with head office at Eaveseway it seems apparent that not all these safeguards are now going to exist now that they will not be the official cruise company's coach line.

As with many people i have travelled with Eavesway on numerious times and been very impressed but obviously greed as dictated who will be used next year by P&O.

Intercruise are also a good company and I have never had reason to moan about their coaches when I have used then to travel to Cunard cruises . Does anyone really believe that P&O are going to annoy a lot of their passengers by leaving them behind if an Eavesway coach is late.

Intercruise are also a good company and I have never had reason to moan about their coaches when I have used then to travel to Cunard cruises . Does anyone really believe that P&O are going to annoy a lot of their passengers by leaving them behind if an Eavesway coach is late.

Eavesway are Eavesway, and excellent with it. Intercruises in my personal experience use whoever they can, not always good I hasten to add, and really will need to get their act together for next year no doubt having had to tender very highly to provide this service. I wonder if they have all the contract now for Carnival - Cunard, Princess and P&O........

Eavesway are Eavesway, and excellent with it. Intercruises in my personal experience use whoever they can, not always good I hasten to add, and really will need to get their act together for next year no doubt having had to tender very highly to provide this service. I wonder if they have all the contract now for Carnival - Cunard, Princess and P&O........

Eavesway also sub-contract some of their journeys, in May we travelled with Eavesway on a "Robin Hood" coach to Southampton, this was not too bad but was not up to the standard of Eavesway's own coaches. Last year we booked with Eavesway and in both directions we had absolutely appalling coaches, though I can't remember the names of the coach companies that they had sub contracted to. When ever we have travelled with Intercruises they have used "Ellison" coaches and these were as good as Eavesway coaches and were superior to some of the Eavesway coaches that we have travelled on.

Eavesway also sub-contract some of their journeys, in May we travelled with Eavesway on a "Robin Hood" coach to Southampton, this was not too bad but was not up to the standard of Eavesway's own coaches. Last year we booked with Eavesway and in both directions we had absolutely appalling coaches, though I can't remember the names of the coach companies that they had sub contracted to. When ever we have travelled with Intercruises they have used "Ellison" coaches and these were as good as Eavesway coaches and were superior to some of the Eavesway coaches that we have travelled on.

Never had problems with Eavesway from Blackpool, but have had with Intercruises. We had a return once with Intercruises from Soton on an Ellisons coach and that was excellent it must be said - used by the England Rugby Team and all leather seating, and new!

I guess at the end of the day it is the luck of the draw.............

Archived