Q's regarding Sun Princess

SunnyCal

Hi There,

We will be on the 6/27 Alaska southbound sailing of the Sun Princess. I have a couple of questions. First, what equipment is available in the gym? Do you have ocean views from there? Is there a track for walking?

Anybody know what movies will be playing?

And then, An Alaska question. I am really trying to pare down the number of shoes we bring. Did anyone wear sandals while in Juneau, Skagway or Ketchikan? I'd like to get by with only walking shoes, dress shoes and flip flops.

Thanks for your last minute advice.

Sunnycal

This may be old news but I was on the Sun Princess in May and the movies offered were: Finding Neverland, Meet the Fockers, Aviator, In Good Company, Oceans 12, Sideways......

As far as sandals - if the weather is nice (like it has been), yes - you can. It sort of depends on what excursions you are doing. I personally liked having tennis shoes around but if you are just walking around town, sandals will work.

------

I wasn't in the gym, but right in front of the gym (outside the windows) is a small deck with lounge chairs - it is not that deep. I assume you can see the water from there -not sure. Hopefully someone will answer.

We just got back from the S/B Sun Princess sailing. The gym has treadmills, bikes, weights and stairclimbers. The aerobics studio is beside it and has various (some paid) classes offered during the day. Both overlook the back of the ship Deck 12 and have a great view. The promenade deck is on deck 7 and three laps makes a mile. Most days it was great for walking but one day I did get up for an early walk and the wind was so strong I headed indoors to the treadmill. Beware if you are walking the days you are headed into port. They use deck 7 for disembarkation and they will rope it off so you can't walk around.

We had fantastic weather and wore sandles most days. High 80's in Juneau and Ketchican. We wore t-shirts kayaking and whale watching. I had a whole suitcase packed with warm clothing that really was only used the day we were in Glacier Bay (rainy and cold/damp 50's). Being from the east coast I will always be prepared for any weather.

You will have a great time.

If you are headed to Anchorage and are planning on dropping off your suitcases at the Egan Centre and taking the transfers, make sure Princess has it's reception centre there that day. In our case the taxi driver dropped us off before we read the sign that the hospitality centre was temporarily moved to the Captain Cook Hotel (5 blocks away)...a lovely short 5 block walk with 3 suitcases and a nine year old to help!!!!

Have fun on your cruise.

Kim

Hi There,

We will be on the 6/27 Alaska southbound sailing of the Sun Princess. I have a couple of questions. First, what equipment is available in the gym? Do you have ocean views from there? Is there a track for walking?

Anybody know what movies will be playing?

And then, An Alaska question. I am really trying to pare down the number of shoes we bring. Did anyone wear sandals while in Juneau, Skagway or Ketchikan? I'd like to get by with only walking shoes, dress shoes and flip flops.

Thanks for your last minute advice.

Sunnycal

One thing nice about the Sun is the full walk around Prom. deck. I never take sandals, I am always outside and it's not warm enough for me on the ship. But they take up little room, more important is a good pair of walking shoes.

I also just got back from the Sun. Much to my surprise, I hardly used my sandals and should have just left them home. My sandals are not very comfortable for too much walking, so I ended up using my tennis shoes instead when walking around various towns. I ended up wearing my flip-flops most of the time while on the ship.

Archived