Soda Package

If you log into MY NCL, you can order online, using a typical "shopping cart".

otherwise, You need to call or print and fax a form.

The phone # is: 1.800.327.7030

From the NCL website:

HERE'S HOW TO ORDER

Already booked on a cruise? Log In to My NCL and browse "Gifts and More" to purchase items for anyone in your stateroom.

By Phone - Call 1.800.327.7030

By Email / Fax - Download, print and fill out the order form. Email to groupevent@ncl.com or fax to: 305.436.4147.

Note: All gift orders need to be received by the Group Events Department no later than one week prior to sailing

So...........can I NOT pre-order this package? We will be on the Pearl to Alaska the end of this month. All I see is an order form to download but nothing to fill out to purchase online.

Am I missing something?

Unless something has changed, you can purchase the regular soda package now and the UBC alcohol/soda package now, but you cannot purchase the soda/juice package now. I find that such an oddity. All three should be available before you board, IMO.

DML

Someone on this forum recomended waiting until the first night, after you sail away from port, to purchase the package. If you're like me, and generally don't use the soda package until the first dinner, it can save you the port taxes that will otherwise be charged if you get it the minute you step on the ship. I see no reason to order online as it takes two seconds to do at any bar.

The "system" could be doing you a favor. You can wait and make your decision when you board. After all, if you changed your mind, always a pain to get a refund.

I'd argue the opposite. It's more likely that people buy the soda package and then find out aboard that the soda/juice package is available and want to trade up, which is indeed a pain. Letting people know their options up front saves a lot of that. I have no problem with it being something you do when you get to the ship OR it being something you do before you go, but having ALL options clearly lined up and spelled out either way is better than what they are doing now, IMO. At the moment, people who aren't on CC or a similar site (or who haven't cruised NCL before) don't even know the third option is available to them.

DML

I'd argue the opposite. It's more likely that people buy the soda package and then find out aboard that the soda/juice package is available and want to trade up, which is indeed a pain. ...

Actually, that is another reason to wait. Get the package you want when you get there.

IMHO, I pre order the soda package (for my teenagers, as I am not a big soda drinker). I had to call, however, because it was not available on the order form when I was looking. (a few months ago) I like to have most of my items prepaid, dsc, soda, etc., so that I only need to worry about spending money. Makes it easier on my budget.

That being said, everyone is different. Do the math, if you won't drink more than 3 or 4 sodas a day-- the package will not be worth it to you. I never thought about waiting until you get on board and not purchasing till after the first day. They charge you for 7 days when you prepay.

can you purchase the package on the second day of your sailing?

You're required to pay for every day of your cruise, but if you're willing to pay the full cost and miss out on the first day, I'm pretty sure they will still take your money.

Archived