HDMI input on Allure?

Hi, does anyone here who has sailed the Allure know if the cabins TVs have an HDMI input? We want to bring our HDMI cable so we can watch stuff on our computer on the TV. We have a ocean view balcony, if that helps.

Thanks!

Hi, does anyone here who has sailed the Allure know if the cabins TVs have an HDMI input? We want to bring our HDMI cable so we can watch stuff on our computer on the TV. We have a ocean view balcony, if that helps.

Thanks!

Rumour has it that all inputs on the TV are disabled. Another equally popular rumour is that if you bring a universal remote you can skirt around it. Not sure if the tv's have HDMI... I would suspect they do.

• 10 months later...
Rumour has it that all inputs on the TV are disabled. Another equally popular rumour is that if you bring a universal remote you can skirt around it. Not sure if the tv's have HDMI... I would suspect they do.

Yes it is true for Oasis. Bring your own HDMI able and remote. You might be able to use one from the ship IF you can get one from your cabin steward. HDMI was hard to get plugged in for our cabin. IT actually stopped by our cabin to help, as our hands were to big. Many thanks to our steward.

It was easy to get out at the end of the cruise. We have done this on the deck 17 lower TVs. In the lofts the TVs that come down from the ceiling did not have functionable HDMI inputs.

Where you able to use the HDMI ports?

Yes, on Oasis if it worked at sea it worked in port. At least from our experiences. HA HA, I just got what you meant.

If it worked on Oasis, Allure should be the same.

Edited by A&L_Ont

We brought our Samsung remote (that's the new brand), having had no luck with a universal remote in the past. It worked just fine. I was scolded on another thread by a poster who had been in a cabin where the prior occupant had not set the TV back to the proper input before disembarking, so please remember to do so.:)

Edited to add: Oops. I was using a red/white/yellow connection for my iPad, not HDMI:o, but if you can scroll through the input options, I think that's the key to success.

Edited by critterchick

We brought our Samsung remote (that's the new brand), having had no luck with a universal remote in the past. It worked just fine. I was scolded on another thread by a poster who had been in a cabin where the prior occupant had not set the TV back to the proper input before disembarking, so please remember to do so.:)

Edited to add: Oops. I was using a red/white/yellow connection for my iPad, not HDMI:o, but if you can scroll through the input options, I think that's the key to success.

Just to confirm you had no luck with a generic universal remote but you used a samsung universal remote?

On our last cruise on the recently dry docked Navigator, they had a new interactive tv system. One of the channels seemed to be for your own HDMI device (it literally said something to that effect). Unfortunately, not see expecting this, I had nothing to test. Curious if anyone else saw this/had any experience? I am not a frequent cruiser so forgive any confusion.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by bgetter