Sky suite S1 on the Reflection

parislady40

Need loads of help. Hubby and I are newbies to Celebrity. I have booked a suite to celebrate our anniversary. I have been searching the posts and threads for information on Reflection S1 suites but there is very little. We are looking to find out about things like window washer obstructions, favorite cabins, noise on the Resort Deck cabins, or any info that you would like to share. I am surprising hubby, so would like any information that you think useful. I notice that there are tons of posters here, so looking for ideas etc. Thanks all!!!

Need loads of help. Hubby and I are newbies to Celebrity. I have booked a suite to celebrate our anniversary. I have been searching the posts and threads for information on Reflection S1 suites but there is very little. We are looking to find out about things like window washer obstructions, favorite cabins, noise on the Resort Deck cabins, or any info that you would like to share. I am surprising hubby, so would like any information that you think useful. I notice that there are tons of posters here, so looking for ideas etc. Thanks all!!!

We didn't have a Sky Suite but we had friends that had an aft Sky Suite on Reflection. We had an aft balcony cabin on Deck 10 C-1 #1222. They had S-1 #1214. We spent alot of time in their room and balcony. We loved our cabin and larger balcony and we really loved their room and the corner balcony. We were 3 decks down from the Resort deck so no noise at all, no obstructions either. You'll see some posts about soot from the stacks on the balcony. The only time we saw that was on port days, and it was minimal. A 30 sec wipe down and its all good. They did hose down the balcony about 4 times during our sailing. The "ONLY" issue was the long walk from the elevators to the room. We made that walk our exercise for the day :D

Miataman, we have 1214 booked by coincidence as well! Thanks for advising about no obstruction. I have had aft on other ships and soot was not bothersome to me. As you said, a quick wipe-down works. Your C1 cabin 1222 was one of the largest C1's. Do you have any idea if there is a difference in size with the S1 suites on the different decks as far as cabin or balcony size? Anyone have any idea?

I believe that the Aft S1 cabins are all the same size, both the cabin and the Balcony unlike the corner FV cabins on the M class ships, where the balconies get larger as you go down lower on the decks. The balcony is covered on deck 12 but there is no cover on the rest of the decks. Be aware that corner S1s have at least one pole, perhaps 2, in them (we had 2 poles, 1 by the balcony door and one between the bed and the bathroom , cabin 2148 on Silhouette). Also the S1 cabins have only one closet, while the S2 cabins have two closets. There is window washing equipment nearby but it did not block our view from the very large round window next to the sofa. We found noise from the above outside area to be very minimal, some scrapping of chairs. Soot was a slight problem at times, when the smoke from the stack was blowing directly aft, but the cabin steward did a good job of keeping the balcony clean. The window washing equipment can make quite a bit of noise, banging up against the ship, in rough seas, if not secured properly.

We are also in 1214 on the July 8 Reflection sailing. I researched pretty thoroughly and found that 1214 was about as high as you could go for a corner S1 without window washing equipment or overhang issues.

As the saying goes, you hit the nail on the head WV489!! I was wondering if the balconies became wider the lower you go or the cabin too! The deck plans made it look as if they varied on each deck, with some looking narrow but longer and some wide and shorter. The poles in the room are no bother to me.

Atorispa, I picked 1214 based on a few pics that I was able to google showing that it looked as if the window washing equipment stopped a deck above too. I went to libraryladys spreadsheet link for cabin info, but nothing much there for S1. I chose 1214 also because I have already sailed out of Istanbul on the starboard aft, and the scenery is RIGHT there. Stunning!!

We sailed in 1214 over Christmas and couldn't have been happier. The cabin has a huge circular window looking out the starboard side of the ship. If there had been a washing spider there it would have been a bother and I would remember it.

The balcony, being on the back corner of the ship was just huge and wrapped around so we could also see where we're going. Yes, there was that odd pole in the room but after a day, we didn't notice it. Say hi to 1214 and we'd easily stay in it again!! No soot at all.

I think the S1 is a lovely cabin. I've been in 1668 on Silhouette which is a deck above 1214 on Reflection. It had one pole in it, but it was a complete non-issue for me. I think they alternate by deck so you'll probably have two in 1214. You take your choice with more cover and possible noise from the public area if you are on deck 12 and a more open from above on the other decks which is a disadvantage if it rains and you can get more soot from the stacks. 1668 didn't suffer any obstruction from the window washing equipment and very little soot on a 14 day cruise.

The main feature benefits for me were the wrap around balcony allowing you to see forward, the round picture window in the cabin and its overall set up and the fact there is little passing traffic and a vestibule that it shares with the cabin next door. Picture looking out of cabin door with next door cabin to the left and door to the hallway in front:

DSCN0620_zpsc5448cb7.jpg

Phil

With all the info coming in, I am getting super excited about the cabin. Just hope I do not accidentally spill the beans to DH!! He will be so surprised. He thinks it will be an ordinary cabin, which we do not mind at all, but its a special occasion! Thanks for the pics!! Any further ideas as to how to make this super special? I did see that Celebrity do anniversary packages, cakes etc?

Archived