Jack's shack. Grand Turk

saphir

I wouldn't walk it!! It's a bit far for me! But people do walk there. I'd much prefer Jack's Shack over Margaritaville!! Way too crowded there and expensive! We loved Jack's! There was a new beach bar right next door from Jack's we didn't get to go too and can't remember the name of it!!

Is it far from the pier? Is it better than Margaritaville? Thank you.

Not really that far at all. Pretty easy walk. You'll probably go right by it on the way to the Grand Turk dock.

Margaritaville certainly has more variety. Jack had no jerk chicken ready the day we were there at 130pm. Service at Margaritaville was VERY laid back to slow for us....still a pretty good option tho.

You can go by both places and see what you think. That's what we did.

I wouldn't walk it!! It's a bit far for me! But people do walk there. I'd much prefer Jack's Shack over Margaritaville!! Way too crowded there and expensive! We loved Jack's! There was a new beach bar right next door from Jack's we didn't get to go too and can't remember the name of it!!

15/20 minutes? Or more?

The walk isn't far, but we prefer walking the sidewalk rather than the beach. It takes less time and is an easier walk. The Local Village also serves drinks, fresh conch salad, conch fingers, conch fritters, and sometimes if you get there early enough, lobster.

Is it far from the pier? Is it better than Margaritaville? Thank you.

It's not far at all; maybe a 5-10 minute walk. Just know it will be hot as heck out!!!!

I've never gone to Margaritaville so I can't compare the two, but I wasn't that impressed with Jack's Shack. It didn't live up to the hype.

But if you're going; visit the webiste for your coupon for a free shot of rum.

Edit:

I guess my perception is off; I said 5-10 min; maybe it was 10-15 min. I just know it was hot as h3ll out. And like someone said, Jack took us back to the ship.

Edited by Leo's Rule

Jacks Shack, a few picnic tables on an open deck , the best think about JS is the view of the ocean :rolleyes:, but you see the same ocean all the way down the beach. If it rains on your parade ,bring your umbrella. Nasty rest room. Grill that has not been cleaned since day one. One of our group tried the jerk chicken , stayed sick for the rest of his cruise icon4.gif.

Jacks Shack , not for me :eek:.

Can't speak for anyone else but I have been to Jack's twice and loved it both times- something has to be said about the fact that the crew hangs out here instead of Margaritaville. It's 500 yards from the cruise center, down the beach about a 15 minute walk.

Yes you pay to rent a lounger & umbrella but its worth it for the slice of heaven you get being here instead of the circus near the dock.

Jerk Chicken (very goooood) & the rum punch and other concoctions Jack has come up with are good & strong :D.

Get your coupon and have a shot (nice portion too) on him, watch Topher (his dog) dig a few holes in the sand and enjoy your day in paradise.

We love it so much we are headed back for our third trip in March.

Happy Sailing!!!

Edited by Buffalofirsttimer4

Can't speak for anyone else but I have been to Jack's twice and loved it both times- something has to be said about the fact that the crew hangs out here instead of Margaritaville. It's 500 yards from the cruise center, down the beach about a 15 minute walk.

Yes you pay to rent a lounger & umbrella but its worth it for the slice of heaven you get being here instead of the circus near the dock.

Jerk Chicken (very goooood) & the rum punch and other concoctions Jack has come up with are good & strong :D.

Get your coupon and have a shot (nice portion too) on him, watch Topher (his dog) dig a few holes in the sand and enjoy your day in paradise.

We love it so much we are headed back for our third trip in March.

Happy Sailing!!!

I think I read Topher has a brother or sister now :)

15/20 minutes? Or more?

As others have stated about 15 minutes!! Also as others stated walking there nice - walking back not so much! It was HOT! Good for you walkers and runners who think it's nothing! Have at it!

Our entire group (14) had the jerk chicken and loved it! Jack was awesome!! Offered to take us back to the ship too! Really nice guy! Great place - IMO!

Thanks to all. I think I'll start with Jack and end by MV.

I just went to his site and printed out 4 coupons for free rum tastings. I also registered and "Liked" him on FB. Definitely going there instead of Margaritaville which is too loud for me!

Have a great cruise!

Not much of a walk at all, and you walk on the beach in the water if you want to. As far as renting beach chairs we have been there 2 times and the last time 2 weeks ago there is no charge for chairs and we also had a waiter come wait on us. The dog Topher is a blast to play with in the water and also there is no rocks like at the cruise beach.

Even better then walking my kids made us swim there last week. We just went to see Topher so we left our stuff back at the beach chairs. It really is pretty close and next time we go we are just going to go spend the day there.