curling iron

I have left my curling out on the counter, obviously unplugged, for most of our cruises on HAL. No issues. The cabin attendant has even wrapped it up and tucked it away for me when I have been in a hurry in the am.

And thank goodness. My hair with no curling iron.. YIKES :eek:

Curling irons are permitted.

A woman on an Alaska Cruise a few years ago was curling her hair underneath the "Heat Sensor Alarm"!

Within 5 minutes the Ships Fire Prevention Crew were on the scene.

Embarrassed? If she could find a hole, I think she would have jumped into it!:cool:

It did show how sensitive these Heat Alarm Sensors worked and the fast response of the Fire Prevention Crew Responded!:)

Interesting, the ships Fire Prevention Crew knew which Cabin set off the Alarm!:)

A woman on an Alaska Cruise a few years ago was curling her hair underneath the "Heat Sensor Alarm"!

Within 5 minutes the Ships Fire Prevention Crew were on the scene.

Embarrassed? If she could find a hole, I think she would have jumped into it!:cool:

It did show how sensitive these Heat Alarm Sensors worked and the fast response of the Fire Prevention Crew Responded!:)

Interesting, the ships Fire Prevention Crew knew which Cabin set off the Alarm!:)

There is an area at the bridge that has very detailed electronic signaling information. Lots of lights to flash in a possible 'situation'. I've heard of a bathroom door being opened after an extremely steam shower setting off a smoke detector.

It was really interesting to see.

Hi

I have a friend cruising on the Amsterdam in August 2013. I thought I saw soe where that curling irons were not allowed. But I can'y find it anywhere.

Mary

Curling Irons are permitted..

I bring my Curling Iron on every cruise but leave my hair dryer home..I use HAL's Hair Dryer..

Cheers...:)Betty

There is an area at the bridge that has very detailed electronic signaling information. Lots of lights to flash in a possible 'situation'. I've heard of a bathroom door being opened after an extremely steam shower setting off a smoke detector.

It was really interesting to see.

This happened to me when I opened the bathroom door on the Noordam twice. :eek:I wondered how they knew until I saw the big board on the bridge with the lights when I took a bridge tour. They know everything that is going on on the ship...pretty impressive!

Karen

Archived