Amazing video from Caribbean cruise

matthew19

Matthew19, that was awesome man. So glad you used Vimeo instead of youtube. Do you have a FB page?

Well done! It literally beats the &%^$ out of anything Carnival puts out there. They should hook you up!

Matthew19, that was awesome man. So glad you used Vimeo instead of youtube. Do you have a FB page?

Well done! It literally beats the &%^$ out of anything Carnival puts out there. They should hook you up!

Thanks! The Facebook page for my business, The Film Poets is http://www.facebook.com/thefilmpoets

I'm pretty new to filmaking, so I really appreciate all of the kind words from everyone. =)

I just showed the video to my husband he was wondering which beaches you went to and what camera you used for the underwater pictures. I accidentally left my camera in the cabin on our last cruise, hmmm the cabin steward never found it, so now we are looking for a replacement. Once again fabulous video, i shared it with all my cruising friends and family :D

Edited by hockeyluver

Thats extremely good! Even though I am not a Carnival fan, they could easily use that without changes in a commercial.

They'd probably have to get rid of the montage of beer bottles (brand licensing rules), and especially the scene giving beer to the pig. Anything else that shows a non-Carnival-affiliated brand. Still plenty of material, though.

Edited by The Mister

I just showed the video to my husband he was wondering which beaches you went to and what camera you used for the underwater pictures. I accidentally left my camera in the cabin on our last cruise, hmmm the cabin steward never found it, so now we are looking for a replacement. Once again fabulous video, i shared it with all my cruising friends and family :D

All of the underwater shots were with a GoPro Hero2. They make a Hero3 now that is better.

I listed the beaches in the Vimeo description. The beach with the crossed palm trees is about a 3/4 mile or more hike from reggae beach in St Kitts.

The prettiest thing I saw on the entire trip was when the guy on the horse rode through the surf on that beach. I didn't have my camera out, so I missed capturing it, but it was magical looking. That's probably my 2nd favorite beach ever and I don't even know what it's called.

Edited by matthew19
Add beaches

All of the underwater shots were with a GoPro Hero2. They make a Hero3 now that is better.

I listed the beaches in the Vimeo description. The beach with the crossed palm trees is about a 3/4 mile or more hike from reggae beach in St Kitts.

The prettiest thing I saw on the entire trip was when the guy on the horse rode through the surf on that beach. I didn't have my camera out, so I missed capturing it, but it was magical looking. That's probably my 2nd favorite beach ever and I don't even know what it's called.

Thank you for the reply :) I will look into the GoPro. We were looking for a new beach to go to in St, Kitts we have already been to Shipwreck. Once again awesome job.

Awesome video! I usually concentrate on stills but now I want to put together our own family trip video! We're getting a GoPro Hero 3 for Christmas for our Jan cruise.

However, a great video is all in the editing....that's the hardest part! Beautifully done!

Oh my gosh! Of course I'm with everyone else, that ROCKED!

Not only did I find the music, I bought the camera. Of course the vacay was already booked, if it was not, it would be today!

I have lost count of how many times I have watched this!

And how many people I have sent this to!

Thank you so very much for sharing!

:D

I do have one question, what software did you use to edit?

Ok..My husband and I have our first cruise coming up in 60 days for our 10 year anniversary. I've become a bit overwhelmed with this whole first time cruising process and almost forgot how much fun this cruise will be for us. You just reminded me. Thanks for that. :)

Your video rocks and I hope Carnival picks it up. They'd be stupid not to.

Good luck in all that you do, you have got a heck of a lot of talent.

Sure.

To me, 60fps is only useful if you plan on slowing down the footage. Generally I like to shoot everything at 24fps. If you edit on a platform that can accept mixed framerates, then you can put the 60fps footage in a 24fps timeline and play it back at normal speeds or slow it down up to 60%. The tradeoff is the resolution loss.

So short answer, if you want to slow the footage down (check out the go pro youtube videos for examples) then 60fps. If not then do 30fps or install the GoPro Protune software and shoot at 24fps. Hope that helps.

It helped alot! Thank you!

Its close to what I thought, but was interesting to hear shooting at 24fps through the gopro protune software.

I'm pretty new to filmaking, so I really appreciate all of the kind words from everyone. =)

Looks like you're a natural! Good show and perfect length. Two quick questions...

Did you plan any of your shooting the day before; a loose storyboard?

Were any scenes directed (hand holding, etc.)?

Thanks for posting. :)

Is there another way to view the video? I click on the link and it shows a still of the intro page. The video doesn't appear.

Try clicking the PLAY button, then the pausing it for a few minutes to allow it to buffer. Then click PLAY again. Good luck! Hope this works. It's an awesome video, definitely worth waiting for it to load.:)