How about this

We all know that smart phones have taken over everything. I would like to see a truly paperless system for e-docs. When the quantum debuts how easy do you think it would be just to bring up your boarding documents on the screen like you can do with the airlines. You show your photo Id(s), they scan your phone, and your done.

No more having to print, and remember them!!!

We all know that smart phones have taken over everything. I would like to see a truly paperless system for e-docs. When the quantum debuts how easy do you think it would be just to bring up your boarding documents on the screen like you can do with the airlines. You show your photo Id(s), they scan your phone, and your done.

No more having to print, and remember them!!!

I think that's the direction they need to move towards. It would definitely speed up things. :cool:

I agree, the night before I leave I'm constantly checking my bag to make sure I have all the documents with my laptop and camera. It drives me crazy

Start now, you have 1 and half years to get ready, you should be able to handle it. It's one piece of paper with 2 person's name on it, plus your 2 passports/id's, how complicated is that? Plus 1 credit card. Then you are good to go.

Jimbo:)

I agree, the night before I leave I'm constantly checking my bag to make sure I have all the documents with my laptop and camera. It drives me crazy

Me too! LOL

Start now, you have 1 and half years to get ready, you should be able to handle it. It's one piece of paper with 2 person's name on it, plus your 2 passports/id's, how complicated is that? Plus 1 credit card. Then you are good to go.

Jimbo:)

If I had the know how and I worked for them I would make a heavy push to make it happen.

What's even worse is my friends give their info and have me print all the stuff off and keep it with all the travel documents. It gets mind numbing

A nice surcharge will help with the numbness. :D:cool:

FWIW, I save the PDF's of the cruise docs on my phone. That way if I do need something, I've got it right there. I never needed it, but, I think it's pretty convenient.

FWIW, I save the PDF's of the cruise docs on my phone. That way if I do need something, I've got it right there. I never needed it, but, I think it's pretty convenient.

Good idea I have never thought about that !!!

I fly alot, and learned a long time ago that the scanners sometimes don't work. So I still carry a printed copy just in case. :eek:

It's nice to have a back up, just being a solo traveller I get worried that I don't have something. I always forget something small and one time I'm bound to forget the documents

Guest maddycat
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I hate this idea ... I don't want my whole life to be on a cell phone, no matter how smart it is!, just asking for trouble ...

I'm with you.

Now, if everything could be done with Google Glass.......

I'd be afraid that the Google Glass, or the cell phone, or the tablet,or whatever would run out of battery so I would carry paper docs anyway.

I am mostly afraid that I am going to lose my passport so it would be wonderful if all they needed were my credit card. Maybe an iris scan for frequent cruisers. I might be forgetful but I don't think I would leave my eye at home.:D

Archived