Penthouse suite on deck 8 on the Dawn. Please help!

CTCruiser28

After researching mixed reviews regarding deck 8 aft suite on the dawn I am torn whether or not I should book it. Deck 9 and 10 are sold out. I am concerned with the possible noise coming from the spinnaker. Which room on deck 8 would you suggest if I were to go ahead and book it? I have never stayed in an aft suite before, and the suite perks are very desirable. If anyone has any pictures it would greatly be appreciated.

After researching mixed reviews regarding deck 8 aft suite on the dawn I am torn whether or not I should book it. Deck 9 and 10 are sold out. I am concerned with the possible noise coming from the spinnaker. Which room on deck 8 would you suggest if I were to go ahead and book it? I have never stayed in an aft suite before, and the suite perks are very desirable. If anyone has any pictures it would greatly be appreciated.

We were on the Dawn last Feb, in an aft balcony. :(

You can definetly hear the music from Spinnaker's below, very loud.

That being said i thought the vibrating bed was cool :eek:

Dw was not impressed. :p LOL

Not sure what other option's would work?

All the best, whatever you decide.

We were on the Dawn last Feb, in an aft balcony. :(

You can definetly hear the music from Spinnaker's below, very loud.

That being said i thought the vibrating bed was cool :eek:

Dw was not impressed. :p LOL

Not sure what other option's would work?

All the best, whatever you decide.

much prefer the mirrors on the ceiling :)

though never figured out what they were for:confused:

Maybe you need to get together with the person that another problem that is hard to comprehend - wine bottles that still had wine left in them!!

LOL!!!!

Philip,

You old dog . :)

Mirror's on the ceiling,have you completly lost it? :eek:

The last thing i want to see in the morning, when i first wake up is

A naked skydiver coming at me !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p:D

Say hi to the family for me

Vic

Philip,

You old dog . :)

Mirror's on the ceiling,have you completly lost it? :eek:

The last thing i want to see in the morning, when i first wake up is

A naked skydiver coming at me !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p:D

Say hi to the family for me

Vic

will do

see you both have hawaii booked im jealous make sure you tell us all about it:)

philip

I've been looking at that aft cabin as well, OP and the noise factor would really get to me I think. I don't plan to turn in at 8 PM, but I hope to be trying to go to sleep by midnight or so and I read that it can be noisy until the wee hours. Imagine being trapped in that for a week! Summer sailings tend to be sold out, so there would be no chance for a change in cabin.

I've been looking at that aft cabin as well, OP and the noise factor would really get to me I think. I don't plan to turn in at 8 PM, but I hope to be trying to go to sleep by midnight or so and I read that it can be noisy until the wee hours. Imagine being trapped in that for a week! Summer sailings tend to be sold out, so there would be no chance for a change in cabin.

From being on deck 8 aft, i would strongly advise against it. You are right over their sound system :eek:

We were offered some compensation, but it was still loud.

We had a very bad experience and a very hard time sleeping with the music some nights not stopping until 3 am. I do not recommend it at all.

Cherie

I seem to recall a post where someone moved from one place on 8 aft to another suite and it was much better. Perhaps someone will chime in!

It could be that the corner suites are quieter.

We had a corner suite and it was awful. The beams carry the music and vibrations.

Cherie

The AFT Penthouse suites are totally awesome ! - However - I too was (originally) booked into one on Deck 8 - and - after reading comments on this Board, asked my TA to quickly grab the last one on Deck 10...

If your cruise is still a little ways off - I would wait - maybe something will open up on Deck 9 or Deck 10

I too am booked on a deck 8 aft balcony on the Dawn, not a suite. I wondered if the sound problem had been fixed as it has been an issue since the moving of Spinnaker. I'm surprised NCL hasn't tried to fix it as it must be an issue every week with these rooms. Our final payment time is coming up, guess I'd better decide what to do. :confused:

I was considering the Dawn deck 8 aft penthouses and worried about the noise. I found some Dawn Freestyle Dailies online. One night the DJ was starting at 11:30PM and going until whenever. Another night, the DJ was scheduled to start at 1:30AM and go on from there. I don't want to take the drugs that would help me sleep through that!

Archived