Indy - Norwegian Fjords cruise 18th-26th May review (lots of pics!!!)

Congratulations to you and Jen!!! Thank you for this review. We are having a little get together with my brother and sister this weekend as it stands now looks good to be booking it next week for the same time next May!:D

[quote name='drummerdavebmth']Glad you enjoyed the review and photo's - and keep on trying to persuade your husband to book this itinerary for next year....it's worth it!

We're looking forward to our Liberty cruise now....we have some tours booked with Rome In Limo and a private tour guide for Pompeii (can't wait).

We are doing our own thing in Toulon and villefranche - so if you have any ideas for those two ports, they'd be welcome :)[/QUOTE]

Well we booked! but on a Celebrity ship, got a fab deal inc flights (flights can be exp from here) Can't wait! :D

We stayed onboard at Toulon & VilleFranche as we have holidayed in Cote d'Azur before.
At VilleFranche, get the tender boat and jump on the train, get a day unlimited ticket. Go to Monaco/Monte Carlo (there is a HOHO bus there if you don't want to do the uphill walks). Nice (I love Nice!), the promenade is lovely to walk along, St Nicolas Russian Orthodox Church is beautiful, walk around Vieux Nice area, Place Massena, Colline du Chateau. Then all the way to Cannes. There is a lovely sandy beach at Antibes.

If you have time, get the bus to Eze, we loved Eze, but the buses and trains can be unreliable at times, so don't cut your time fine getting back for all aboard time!

Hope this makes some sense :) Enjoy Liberty, we had a fab time.

[quote name='The Shutterbug']Well we booked! but on a Celebrity ship, got a fab deal inc flights (flights can be exp from here) Can't wait! :D

We stayed onboard at Toulon & VilleFranche as we have holidayed in Cote d'Azur before.
At VilleFranche, get the tender boat and jump on the train, get a day unlimited ticket. Go to Monaco/Monte Carlo (there is a HOHO bus there if you don't want to do the uphill walks). Nice (I love Nice!), the promenade is lovely to walk along, St Nicolas Russian Orthodox Church is beautiful, walk around Vieux Nice area, Place Massena, Colline du Chateau. Then all the way to Cannes. There is a lovely sandy beach at Antibes.

If you have time, get the bus to Eze, we loved Eze, but the buses and trains can be unreliable at times, so don't cut your time fine getting back for all aboard time!

Hope this makes some sense :) Enjoy Liberty, we had a fab time.[/quote]

Congratulations on your Celebrity booking......I would like to try Celebrity one day!

Thank you for your tips....What you suggested is the kind of thing I was thinking of.

• 1 month later...
Dave, I just ran through your flicker album of May 18-26th, and that's the same cruise I will be taking during the same month in 2014 on Indy.

Oh, your pictures are amazing, and your story delightful, and I couldn't get enough of them.

It was great to see the ship, the little Norwegian towns, the hills, the fjords, the snow! Gorgeous!

I hope you see this post, even though your cruise is past threads.

Have a lovely wedding and honeymoon, and every good wish for your life together. A drummer and a martial artist -- how can that be anything but a lifetime of delight?

[quote name='Saintpat']Dave, I just ran through your flicker album of May 18-26th, and that's the same cruise I will be taking during the same month in 2014 on Indy.

Oh, your pictures are amazing, and your story delightful, and I couldn't get enough of them.

It was great to see the ship, the little Norwegian towns, the hills, the fjords, the snow! Gorgeous!

I hope you see this post, even though your cruise is past threads.

Have a lovely wedding and honeymoon, and every good wish for your life together. A drummer and a martial artist -- how can that be anything but a lifetime of delight?[/QUOTE]

Wow...thanks so much for your kind words!!

Glad you enjoyed my photos & trip report - and you'll love your cruise on Indy in Norway! :)

• 1 month later...
drummerdavebmth,
Congratulations and thanks for sharing. We have a deposit on basically the same cruise in May 2014. I was happy to see so many photos of cruising in the fjords...that is our primary reason for taking this cruise...three fjord stops, while many have only two.

Between Flam and Skjolden, did the ship stay in the Fjords? Our schedule is reversed from yours and we have a listed departure as 11:59pm from Skjolden for Flam, so I assume there isn't time to sail out and in. Just curious what your cruise did. Thanks!

I'm thinking about doing a cruise similar to this one or this one, are the stops mostly like Alaska? Would kids like a cruise like this (I know depends on their ages/personality) their teenagers. Was the shore excursions expensive like Alaska - just tired of the caribbean!

I am discovering this late in the day but have to commend you on a great review and stunning photos (from an iPhone!). Loved the panorama shots.

I live on the Princess boards but dip into RCI now and then as I used to work for them as a drummer on the Song of Norway, back in the mid 80s.

This is a must-do itinerary for me!

Thanks, Dave

Norris
in Chicago

Archived