Emerald Princess Riviera Deck Cabins R747 & R743

Mortie

Just wondering if anyone has stayed in these cabins. If so, did you have any trouble with either the noise above or the passing traffic through to the Terrace pool?

To be honest, we're not that bothered about a bit of noise, but just wanted to check it's nothing unbearable.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may be able to give us.

We asked about a roped-off area they had by the pool every morning...Turns out the cabins below were complaining about AM noise from above. These might or might not be the specific cabins you have asked about.

Steve

We've been in R746 on the Emerald and on aft facing Riviera balcony on the Ruby both right next to the door that leads up to the aft Terrace pool. Little traffic and no noise from passengers or the pool itself.

R746 has an unusual balcony as would R747 where it is a bit larger and you have a view slightly forward but you're surrounded by a lot of steel superstructure.

I was in R750 on the Crown Princess a couple years ago. I loved the location. I didn't have any noise from above, but the door banging was an issue. Sometimes it didn't bang at all, but sometimes when people had their balcony doors open it would cause a wind tunnel in the hallway. The door to the terrace pool would slam very hard. The people next to me in R748 said it bothered them, too. My wall would shake sometimes. Fortunately, the door was rarely used at night and mostly slammed only during the day. I'm not a day sleeper, so I wasn't awakened by it.

R746 and R747 are directly under the Horizon Terrace. It is unlikely that you will experience any noise during the night when you are sleeping. I'll guess that during the day with passengers using the Terrace there will be a degree of noise. Good luck:)

• 3 months later...

Mortie, just wondering if you've been on your cruise on the ruby in balcony r747 yet and, if so, what you thought of it. We have it booked for a 10 day cruise next fall 2014 and are concerned about the balcony. If you have any pictures, could you please post? Thanks!

I was in R742 last month on the Emerald's TA, next door to 746. In fact, we were originally booked in 746 but Princess changed us. I was upset at first because the deck plan seemed to indicate that the balcony on 746 was bigger -- it wasn't! In fact, we could look into the 746 balcony because it is angled & wedge-shaped. It has a shorter "face" (facing the sea), tho the actual square footage may be more than the other balconies (couldn't see how deep it was). When we saw the 746 balcony, we were very happy that we'd been changed.

Archived