Bob Dickinson's back?

Didn't I read somewhere that he denounced his American citizenship and moved over seas to a tax haven?

You are thinking of Ted Arison who began Carnival. But he could not stay away from the US the required ten years so he never saw the tax benefits.

They are brining him back for PR, nothing else.

let me get this straight.

They are having 'issues'...so instead if fixing them, they are just sending in a Spin Doctor???

Super Impressive. :rolleyes:

let me get this straight.

They are having 'issues'...so instead if fixing them, they are just sending in a Spin Doctor???

Super Impressive. :rolleyes:

With super salt I see. Not sure who this guy is, but if he's being sent as a spin doctor, he'll simply be exposed as a spin doctor.

If he someone that has guided this company before, he's more than qualified to guide them again.

You all must be reading a different press release then I am. What I read he is being hired by Carnival Corp. to analyze its North American brands (carnival cruise lines, princess cruise, and holland American) he will not have anything to do with the day to day operations of any of those lines. He is not replacing Allen buckelew, stein kruse or Gerry Cahill.

You all must be reading a different press release then I am. What I read he is being hired by Carnival Corp. to analyze its North American brands (carnival cruise lines, princess cruise, and holland American) he will not have anything to do with the day to day operations of any of those lines. He is not replacing Allen buckelew, stein kruse or Gerry Cahill.

When my company brings in someone to analyze, there's usually a chopping block right outside the conference room door.

Sounds like they aren't reading anything.

They will take his analysis very seriously. Expect tweaks.

Sounds like they aren't reading anything.

So, you believe when BD comes in and goes through things, that he is going to say, "Oh things are absolutely 'brilliant'. Let's keep everything as-is."

:confused:

. Expect tweaks.

I think tweaks are definitely in order and would be appreciated. :)

So, you believe when BD comes in and goes through things, that he is going to say, "Oh things are absolutely 'brilliant'. Let's keep everything as-is."

:confused:

I think tweaks are definitely in order and would be appreciated. :)

I think he is mostly going to suck up to travel agents.

That's what the press release pretty much said. He was going to take a look at travel agent relations with carnival corp North American brands.

I understand that but I wouldn't be surprised if changes were made in management.

That's what the press release pretty much said. He was going to take a look at travel agent relations with carnival corp North American brands.

In my opinion, based upon the travel agents whom I know and who have responded to this and other threads about Carnival Cruise Line issues, one thing that travel agents want/need are brochures. Clients want something in their hands when they leave an agent's office. If a client has brochures from other cruise lines to study, it ought not to take a marketing and/or sales executive, even with a Ph.D., to figure out which company is more likely to get the client's business.

In my opinion, based upon the travel agents whom I know and who have responded to this and other threads about Carnival Cruise Line issues, one thing that travel agents want/need are brochures. Clients want something in their hands when they leave an agent's office. If a client has brochures from other cruise lines to study, it ought not to take a marketing and/or sales executive, even with a Ph.D., to figure out which company is more likely to get the client's business.

I think what they are mostly interested in is getting commissions restored to prior levels.

I think what they are mostly interested in is getting commissions restored to prior levels.

For that to happen, the agent has to be able to make sales, even if commissions are increased--and commissions are something I have no knowledge of. All I have heard, the lack of brochures are putting Carnival Cruise Lines at a competitive disadvantage. Marketing/sales materials matter.

I want to post my thoughts about Dickinson returning.

He was CEO of Carnival and went to the board of directors when Cahill took over.

Cahill serves as CEO at the pleasure of the board of directors and usually, the CEO does what the board asks or he doesn't survive.

So Dickinson was in a position to direct the activities that occurred while he was on the board, and Cahill did what he was instructed to do.

The streak of bad luck that brought all this to the attention of the press was unfortunate, but the "White Knight" is coming back to pacify the TA's. Not to fire Cahill as some of you would like. If Cahill deserved to be let go, it would have already been done.

I want to post my thoughts about Dickinson returning.

He was CEO of Carnival and went to the board of directors when Cahill took over.

Cahill serves as CEO at the pleasure of the board of directors and usually, the CEO does what the board asks or he doesn't survive.

So Dickinson was in a position to direct the activities that occurred while he was on the board, and Cahill did what he was instructed to do.

The streak of bad luck that brought all this to the attention of the press was unfortunate, but the "White Knight" is coming back to pacify the TA's. Not to fire Cahill as some of you would like. If Cahill deserved to be let go, it would have already been done.

Are you pleased with the way things are going?

Are you pleased with the way things are going?

Yes !! My stock closed up 38 cents today and that is in the face of a dividend payout in three days plus the news release that Carnival's profit estimates were lowered. In addition, they are spending approx 700 million to upgrade their ships.

The changes Carnival is making don't bother me ---- maybe because I am not a TA. Also, I can see that Carnival is gearing their future toward the younger segment of the population. That is a plus in my opinion !!!

I wish him the best. I just hope his conclusion doesn't involve bringing Farcus back as lead designer. Bringing a new design team and the addition of 2.0 are two of Cahill's greatest accomplishments.

But at what expense was the addition of the 2.0 program.

Gary

Archived