Explorer of the Seas - Grand Suite Question

I'm considering booking cabin 1324 on the Explorer and wonder if it has a flat screen TV. Any past passengers for this cabin have info or pics? THANKS! :D

I don't know about that stateroom specifically, but we had a flat screen in a JS on Explorer this past April. My guess is they did the GS staterooms before the JS staterooms.

I don't know about that stateroom specifically, but we had a flat screen in a JS on Explorer this past April. My guess is they did the GS staterooms before the JS staterooms.

Thanks. My friend was telling me they only replace TVs when they break but I wondered if they replaced them all during the most recent refurb in 2010.

And I've seen pictures posted since the refurb of cabins with tube TVs. :eek::eek:

I'm considering booking cabin 1324 on the Explorer and wonder if it has a flat screen TV. Any past passengers for this cabin have info or pics? THANKS! :D

We were in that cabin on our March 2013 cruise and yes it does have a flat screen TV - here is a pic

232323232%7Ffp54347%3Enu%3D3268%3E656%3E%3B%3B%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D388%3B7%3A556232%3Bnu0mrj

and here is the huge bathroom

232323232%7Ffp543%3A5%3Enu%3D3268%3E656%3E%3B%3B%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D388%3B7%3A556%3B32%3Bnu0mrj

sleeping area

232323232%7Ffp54373%3Enu%3D3268%3E656%3E%3B%3B%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D388%3B7%3A557732%3Bnu0mrj

Pat

I had a chance to be in the GS on Explorer and it had a flat screen. Can't say I remember for sure if there is more than one GS, though.

Having said that is there a specific reason you care for an LCD TV over a CRT? Feature you are looking for? Reason I ask is that a lot of the TV's features are disabled.

I had a chance to be in the GS on Explorer and it had a flat screen. Can't say I remember for sure if there is more than one GS, though.

Having said that is there a specific reason you care for an LCD TV over a CRT? Feature you are looking for? Reason I ask is that a lot of the TV's features are disabled.

We like to unwind at the end of the day by sitting, snuggling and watching movies. Prefer flat screen for that. :cool:

We have stayed in 1324 on the Explorer twice. It is in an awesome location, was quiet and very convenient to the Concierge Lounge just one flight of stairs down from your door. I made many trips for cappuccino from that awesome machine in the lounge. :)

You made a great choice of cabins!

Eric

Thanks for the great pics... Why cant RCL post pictures that nice on their site.

I agree with you 100%. One picture has the ugliest bedspreads on the beds and the mattresses look all sunken in like they're about 100 years old. :eek::eek:

Clearly the pictures don't do the ship justice.

Thanks for the great pics... Why cant RCL post pictures that nice on their site.

Thanks - and our pictures look lived-in so you can see what it looks like when we have all our junk spread out all over the place.

Pat

Thanks for the Pic of your GS Pat. We will be in one on FOS in August and will like to know if there is a coffee maker in the GS. Thanks

We had a coffee maker but it was a single brew cup size - but they gave you the 2 to 4 cup coffee filter packs for them - I would suggest trying to find the senseo coffee pods or something similar to those to use (saw coffee pods in a ShopRite supermarket) - the coffee pot is below the safe (also had a thing for hot water):

232323232%7Ffp734%3B2%3Enu%3D3268%3E656%3E%3B%3B%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D388%3B7984%3B532%3Bnu0mrj

Pat

We had a coffee maker but it was a single brew cup size - but they gave you the 2 to 4 cup coffee filter packs for them - I would suggest trying to find the senseo coffee pods or something similar to those to use (saw coffee pods in a ShopRite supermarket) - the coffee pot is below the safe (also had a thing for hot water):

Pat

Thanks for the coffee pot info.

by the way, the bug on your signature is bugging me.:D I keep swatting at my screen thinking there's a gnat. And your cabin is extremely neat compared to some I've seen in YouTube videos.

232323232%7Ffp734%3B2%3Enu%3D3268%3E656%3E%3B%3B%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D388%3B7984%3B532%3Bnu0mrj

Pat

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

RT.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:)We were on the Explorer in May of 2012, Suite 1588. We chose to go back on June 5th of 2014 and selected cabin 1324. I know it is close to the stairs and the elevators BUT it close and you don't have to walk to far. One of the nicest parts of the package is the fact that you go down one deck to deck 9 and you are at the consigers lounge. As a suite passenger you get to go the lounge any time day or nite and from 5PM to 8:30PM you go there for cocktails and snacks and it cost you nothing. We loved the whole experience so much we can't wait to go back There is an adult only pool which is the best and the pool has real stairs no ladder to climb.

We got 1248 in 14 days...this is our 3rd time in this room...like the location as far forward as possible, can walk one deck up the stairs to the solarium and fitness center area, straight jog down the stairs to the promenade cafe and theater.....far away from the WJ....

We always pick starboard side also...no particular reason, just do

Archived