Anyone done Catamaran on St. Thomas?

tiggerkaj

We go next week and I have been torn about what to do. It will be our first visit to St. Thomas so we thought about a couple of things. Someone had suggested to my husband a catamaran excursion but I haven't seen anyone comment on this. Anyone have any experience as to if it was good or not? I was afraid if we limited it to this then I would miss not seeing St. Thomas as much.

We also thought about a Sunny Liston tour or just getting a taxi or other source to Sapphire Beach.

Decisions...decisions.....:confused:

We've been there a few times and after the first time just staying in St. Thomas we decided to go to St. John and loved that so much that we do that all the time! We're not big on organized excursions, so usually do some research and then go on our own and it's worked for us. We take the Ferry over and it's beautiful!

We rent a condo at Sapphire and that is a great spot to spend part of the day. 25 min taxi each way. We and others then like to head back to town and go up to Paradise Point for a cold drink and the spectacular view of the harbor.

St John is doable if you're in port long enough, the best way to get there is by ferry. There are 2 options - the downtown ferry or the Red Hook ferry. You can walk or taxi to the downtown ferry, but we prefer the Red Hook ferry because you're in open water a shorter time and it's more regular. Taxi to Red Hook is 25 min, ferry to Cruz bay 15 min, and most folks take an island tour then get dropped at Trunk or Cinnamon Bay. Figure $42 - 48pp roundtrip depending on where you're docked.

There is also a champagne cruise through the ship that first touts the STJ coast before dropping you in Cruz bay.

Thanks for the information. Our ship doesn't get in until noon and leaves at 7 so I wasn't sure what would be available. (Waiting to hear back from Sunny Liston tours as their website indicates pick up times earlier than noon.) I have been doing more reading and read your post about a jewelry place in St. John. Might have to add another option in the mix...lol. My husband will love that :eek:

Happy 25th by the way! I had surprised my wife with vow renewals on St Thomas during a cruise on our 25th, rather than a beach we exchanged vows at the gazebo at Paradise Point. Marvelous view as a backdrop and the champagne was flowing. You could do something like that without much work if interested.

But yes, either the downtown or Red Hook ferry or even the champagne cruise through the ship would be a great day and there are nice shops in Cruz Bay.

Taxi to Red Hook is 25 min, ferry to Cruz bay 15 min, and most folks take an island tour then get dropped at Trunk or Cinnamon Bay. Figure $42 - 48pp roundtrip depending on where you're docked.

We're interested in going to St John when we're in St thomas in December. First time for us as well. Debating whether to do a catamaran sail to it or just take the ferry. When you get to St. John are there vendors at the dock doing island tours or is that something you would pre-arrange?

We're interested in going to St John when we're in St thomas in December. First time for us as well. Debating whether to do a catamaran sail to it or just take the ferry. When you get to St. John are there vendors at the dock doing island tours or is that something you would pre-arrange?

Neither, there are taxis lined-up in Cruz bay to transport everyone to the beaches and on island tours. They offer a tour then drop you at the beach if you's like, they are very good tours and not that expensive at all.

Archived