Parents First Cruise - Oceana - Freedom Dining

cruisefan2012

Hi All

My parents are due to sail on Oceana in August to the Fjords

They are getting confused as to which restuarants they are too eat in and what freedom dining actually means and what to wear on each evening

Would anybody thats gone freedom dining on Oceana please tell me which restuarants they are able to eat in and what the dress code is for

I`ve been on 4 cruises - not on Oceana though - and ive always gone club dining - same table/people every evening...

Thank you all

Just like you did on club dining they will use the same dining room every night, which according to P&O website is the Ligurian, they will just get a different table and companions each time.

They can turn up whenever they want to eat. There may be a wait,there may not depending what time they turn up.

Dress code applies to the whole ship, wherever you are dining.

If there is not a table available when they get to the dining room they will be given a pager so they can have a wander or get a drink until their table is ready. In my experience the waiting time is less than estimated.

They will be asked if they are happy to share a table in which case the wait may be shorter. My own parents have cruised a couple of times and used freedom dining which they love. They prefer a table for two and are happy to wait.

They will be told before they cruise how many evenings will be formal and smart casual.

Freedom dining is exactly the same as club. You are shown to a table and get served by a waiter from the same menu as club. The only differences are the flexibility of dining time and table size you may want each night.

Is the Ligurian restuarant buffet or waiter service (like in club dining) ?

Thank you for your speedy responses

It is waiter service just like the Adriatic club dining restaurant. The menus are identical as well. On Oceana the buffet restaurant is the Plaza up on the Sun Deck forward.

Archived